ROCK New Installation Questions

Ok I am reassured regarding the blinking light.
I can hear the fan starting every 2 min for 30s or so and it seems to me quite frequent for a computer at iddle.
I’ll have a look on some Intel forums to get their opinion. Maybe I should modify some settings in the Bios?

Just be careful. If you set the fan speed to low you run the risk of running the CPU hotter, and it may slow itself down if it gets too hot. I sort of doubt that will be a real problem unless you start doing lots of DSP/Upsampling/DSD work simultaneously.
Some people seem to be much more attuned to these sounds (or the chirping Nucleus) than other people. Of course if that is you there isn’t anything you can do. That’s just how you are.

Thank you for the warning @grossmsj.
I’ll investigate :face_with_monocle:

Sounds good, and please let us know if you discover anything interesting because it would be good to know if there are some controllable factors when it comes to the fan and cooling.

Hi @Peter_Deschamps, I did not see your post.
It’s been running for 6 months and everything works as it should :+1:. I really enjoy it. I will look for a fanless case, because I like the idea and want to avoid any vibration near my gear, but I must admit it is not really necessary. :slight_smile: