Rock - no connection with DAC

Dear @support,
I just got a NUC 8i5BEH to run ROCK. I followed the guidelines to install the ROCK.
I used HP laptop as the Core through USB with my BMC DAC without any problems so far.

The issue is ROCK doesn’t see my BMC DAC now, I tried to connect HP laptop through USB with my BMC DAC again and it totally work well.

Really look forward your great support and feel free to advise if any information is require further. Thanks.

Kan

Hi @kan_tam,

Can you confirm which BMC DAC you’re using here? Is the firmware on the DAC fully up to date? Does it have Linux support?

Hi @dylan, Thank you for help first, my BMC model is PureDAC which is Linux support as per the user manual ( http://bmc-audio.com/tl_files/bmc_audio/pdfs/Manuals/PureDAC-Manual-EN-Web.pdf ). (Page no. 7). Hope this help and feel free to advise further. Thanks

Thanks for the info here, @kan_tam!

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more (connect the DAC to the ROCK Core) and navigate to Settings | Audio to confirm that it isn’t there. Note the time that you connected the DAC to the ROCK Core machine. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

@dylan Dear Dylan, Very happy to tell you that Rock connected with my BMC DAC finally, I just reinstall Rock again and go thru the setup step by step, Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.