ROCK no longer connects after network change to Unifi/Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

Do you have flow control enable on unifi switch and dream machine

Perhaps unique to the UDM/UDM-Pro…its on the Site page under Services

Thank you.

Not sure. How can I find it? Thanks.

Thank you. That was tricky. :wink:

Also unifi recomends setting the DTIM feature to 3 for apple products

I DONT have this on on my UDMP but my 7 switches DO… I dont recall ever setting this one way or the other so I would assume perhaps these are the defaults.

Looks like it had been set to 3 by default.

Enabled flow control. Roon again can’t connect. There must be some setting that is doing this, or perhaps I need to replace that cheaper switch.

I would disable flow control. It’s a protocol that will sometime pause / limit the packages being sent across the network if the sender/receiver can’t keep up. Should normally not happen on a home network and can possible cause issues.

Disabled flow control. Roon still said it was waiting for the remote core. Rebooted ROCK. Now Roon is back. Let’s see how long the connection lasts. I am beginning to think that I should simply replace the cheaper switch.

I wonder if the non Unifi switch your using has issues with IGMP, can you connect direct to it from the main switch to test if things improve or remain the same? It will help rule out the switch as the issue .

I have full Unifi switches in place only ever mixed with Cisco 2960 which are another manage switch and had no discovery issues. Roon is more fussy on multicast than other systems so this could account for why Bluesound works.

For me I had to enable it.But not same for all users

Hi. I moved the ROCK NUC so that it connects directly to the Ubiquiti switch. So far, so good. Thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.