ROCK NUC not detecting USB SSD

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 12 Pro Wall Street Canyon Mini PC, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Core i7-1260P Processor (18M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz), WiFi 6E, BT 5.2, Dual Thunderbolt, Dual HDMI, Win 11 Pro(NUC12WSHi7)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ROCK NUC is connected via ethernet to Araknis router
I often use a VPN on my Roon Controllers, but not the ROCK unit itself. The problem persists with or without the VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

USB SSD. The SSD came preformatted as exFAT.

Number of Tracks in Library

Approximately 250 tracks. About 10 or 11 CDs. I’m trying to make sure it works before ripping my full collection.

Description of Issue

I recently purchased a Samsung 4TB SSD to rip my collection to. I didn’t format it, as Windows said it was already exFAT. After ripping about 10 CDs, I connected the SSD to my Roon Core. I expected per this article that I should be able to go into Settings → Storage → Add Folder, and I would then be able to add that SSD to my library, but it’s just not showing up. This is what it looks like:

Am I looking in the wrong place? What step am I missing? Do I need to reformat the drive?

Thanks!

You shouldn’t need to reformat the drive, certainly not if it’s exFAT. (Even NTFS would work, it’s just not a good idea)

And you are in the right place as per the article you linked.

It’s been a long time since I did this. The article says to click “Add Folder” but there is no such button in your screenshot. Did you see it and click it? Maybe the “New Folder” button is meant, as in your screenshot - did you try that one?

Edit: Back at my PC. The Add Folder button is surely there in Settings > Storage, and after clicking it the screen comes up that shows in your screenshot. I’d expect your new SSD to be listed there. No idea why yours isn’t, assuming that it’s plugged in alright and all that.

1 Like

[quote=“Suedkiez, post:3, topic:248816”]
assuming that it’s plugged in alright and all that.[/quote]

I feel really stupid now. I decided to double check just to make sure, and sure enough, it wasn’t plugged in all the way. Thank you for the reminder to double check the basics!

1 Like

:slight_smile: It happens to all of us, glad it’s sorted!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.