ROCK on NUC i7 Very slow to update

270 k tracks is quite big for 8 gb , mine is 185k and takes up 3 gb of my windows 10 16 gb

Memory is relative cheap compared with a NUC upgrade

That sounds like a good idea. I think the NUC 7 will even take 32 GB.

Just installed 32GB RAM. So far, so good. Letā€™s keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Any thoughts (other than increasing RAM, which I just did)?

Hi @Ronald_Lyster ,

Thanks for sending those logs over! I am seeing quite a bit of background activity regarding your Roon Tags, it looks like you have quite a few. Can you confirm exactly how many tags youā€™re using? It looks like most of them start with Boxset:, e.g. Boxset: Easy-Listening Hits of the '60s & '70s. The extra memory should help in any case.

I donā€™t recall setting up Roon tagsā€¦ Does Roon set up tags without my input? Do I need tags? I have multiple disk sets set up with each disk in a sub-directory. I have ā€œmergedā€ the sub-directories in Roon so only one album shows. Are those ā€œtagsā€? If not, can I (should I) remove these tags, and if so how do I do that?

Hi @Ronald_Lyster ,

Can you try to navigate to your Roon ā†’ My Stuff ā†’ Tags menu? What do you see there? Do you have many tags listed under this screen?

I am not aware of Roon automatically setting up tags, but perhaps these tags are part of the file metadata itself?

There are a number of tags, yes. All but 5 of them start with ā€œBoxset:ā€ Perhaps my tagging software is putting those in there? I certainly donā€™t use them.

Yes, this could be the case. If you donā€™t use tags at all, can you try to do a Select All and delete the oneā€™s you donā€™t use? Perhaps that will help with the performance.

Can this be done in Roon? MP3tag doesnā€™t see those tags.

Yes, to clarify, this action should be performed in Roon under the Tags view, depending on your Roon Remote you can do a Control + A / Command + A or press and hold one tag and then select all from the top dropdown menu, then delete these. You can also create a Backup before doing this, just in case you did have a tag that you wanted to keep.

Just deleted 2103 tags! (Hope I donā€™t regret doing thisā€¦ :wink:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.