ROCK on NUC slow and I don't know why

Thanks, @Donald_Skanes,

I’m glad to hear that the HDMI output is working nicely for you! I’ve passed along your DAC info to the technical team who is looking into this — I’ll be sure to update you ASAP when I receive their feedback.

I didn’t read the entire thread but just wanted to say you shouldn’t be seeing those kinds of latency issues with a powerline adapter. Having said that, I have seen issues if adapters are plugged into surge protectors, extension cables, or even plain old powerbars. Electrical sub-panels can also cause issues if their found to be between the 2 powerline adapters.

Lastly, and even better than powerline, you could use coax-to-Ethernet adapters if you have coax (cable tv) jacks near your router and the NUC.

Yes, MoCA is also another viable alternative.

I am not sure why I was seeing latency on the powerline between the core Rock and the NAS. It was happening intermittently at different times of the day.

In the meantime I decided to try a mesh wifi solution and that seems to work with lower latency than the powerline overall. I used the powerline for video streaming for a couple of years with no issues so the latency may be a red herring as it is.

I do see that ROCK does operate without the same issues when I use a USB HDD drive. The NAS worked but loading and scanning using USB is not as slow as I see over NAS. My preference is leaning to USB drive SSD eventually.

@dylan After “playing” with the NUC bios, my Singxer SU1 digital interface starting working again meaning it became visible from the NUC core. At least I think that is how it started working. I’ll leave it in this configuration and see if I have more issues. Perhaps I need to upgrade my bios or review all of the settings. The HDMI CEC settings can cause some side effects for example.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.