ROCK on NUC6i5SYH slowness

@support I’ve been running ROCK with internal storage for close to two years a NUC6i5SYH, but I’ve been growing increasingly frustrated by the sluggish performance and connectivity issues (specifically with iOS controllers). It was lightning fast in the beginning, which makes me wonder whether it is due to my growing library (up from 20k to approx 25k over a two year period), or possibly something altogether different. I am wondering if a clean installation might help. I have core running on internal SSD and audio files running on internal HDD.

I will say that I don’t seem to experience the same sort of issues when using controlling Roon on Mac.

Do you use the Mac on WiFi too or do you have a wired connection to the network for the Mac? Because then it would point to some (WiFi) network issue and reinstalling ROCK wouldn’t bring much.

Mac is on WiFi too

OK, I see. Was just an idea.

If it’s OK on Mac then doesn’t sound like a server problem, it would be equally bad if it were. Have you tried deinstall and reinstall of the app on iOS?

I believe I have a couple of time, didn’t notice any improvement

Ok tag @support

So i decided to try using android device and it seems much faster in comparison. No iOS love?

I have both going to a nuc and they are similar in response. Hence tagging support.

Hi @guerph,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue.

• Can you please let me know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear here?
  • Specifically what iOS devices are you having issues with, can you let me know the models?
  • Does reinstalling the Roon Remote app help with the sluggish behavior?
  • Have you tried rebooting your Core and networking gear yet?

Thanks,
Noris