ROCK prompting for an update when I use the remote app, both Rock & Remote are on the latest versions. Update is not progressing or needed?

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC8i5BEK 8th Gen, i5, 4 GB ram, NVME OS storage 256GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet to Router (Linksys EA9500 v2) to Fiber box.

Connected Audio Devices

Direct Roon mode on Matrix Audio Element M (DAC/Streamer) - via Ethernet, both connected to the same router.

Matrix M connected to Pre/Pro via RCA

Roon Library is on an external SSD connected to the Intel NUC

Number of Tracks in Library

Approx. 5000 tracks

Description of Issue

It’s likely than the Roon remote app (Android 11) has updated, and when launching the remote app, I get a notification that the some devices require an update (Roon ROCK and Remote). I click update of the ROCK 1.8 (build 831) - same version I am on, and nothing happens, gave it an hour yesterday, but there’s no progress. Says downloading but nothing is happening, my internet connection is fine, so not a connection issue.

I also tried “reinstall” the operating system but it nothing to remedy the issue.

Nevermind, just left the phone on the Remote app “updating” and a few hours later it’s all ready to update Roon database. It’s now on ver. 1.8 (build 882).

All is well with the world!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.