Rock / Roon keeps Stopping?

Hi @Nick_Shiroi1,

Just to clarify here, you were having issues with outputting to the PecanPi when using your Macbook as a Core, is that correct? Can you please send a full log set of this?

Here we go

Sorry for the delay in sending it

To clarify, I bought a NUC 10i7 and set it up. It ran fine for the first few weeks and then started to cut out a lot. I changed the network adapter but it was the same story.

I moved the Core onto my MacBook Pro which I had been using previously as the Core and endpoint to speakers on my roof. I bought the PecanPi as a balanced output DAC to go to the amp instead. This cuts out in exactly the same way as the NUC was, I switched back to using a headphone out on the core to the amp and it worked all night with no issues whatsoever. The PecanPi and MacBook were both plugged into the same network switch

Hi @Nick_Shiroi1,

Thanks for the logs and for the additional info. I took a look through the logs and I was seeing a few networking issues on the Core side and then a disconnect with your PecanPi zone.

Have you tried plugging both Macbook Core and Pecan Pi into the router instead? I have sometimes seen switches fail, so wold be good to get the switch out of the equation.

Thanks for looking.

I have three switches in the house plus the Linksys Velop. The modem is being used on PPPOE & isn’t giving out a DCHP.

I was having exactly the same issues with the NUC which is plugged into a different switch.

How can you tell if switches have failed? Nothing else within the network seems to have an issue?

Thanks again

If I was to get rid of the Velop system - what would you recommend for a mesh network instead? Thanks

Hi @Nick_Shiroi1,

Can you please provide a complete overview of your network, perhaps as a diagram so that I can better understand it? Are you using the latest firmware on your Velop?

Are the switches managed or un-managed switches? This is important because managed switches have had issues in the past with Roon.

We don’t recommend a specific brand, we suggest users to do some research to see what works best for them, but popular mesh systems I’ve seen mentioned on the forum here are Orbi and Eero.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.