Rock slow to populate since latest update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK latest build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi router/switches

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
N/a

Description Of Issue

Since the latest update my core after reboot or Roon server restart is painfully slow to populate any content it’s taking nearly a minute to display any content in the remote apps, this includes queues for endpoints, Tidal, Qobuz, Discovery, Albums artists etc . Nothings changed in my setup at all. What could be causing this? Once up and running it seems ok until next time I start the app. It’s not exhibited this before to this extent I did notice previous builds of ROCK but have got slightly slower from boot but this is the worst yet. Be good to get some diagnostics to see if it’s hardware related or Roon.

Albums slow to load in to. Is there issues with your cloud servers?

11 hours and no support?

Roon clearly does not care about its customers.

Hello @CrystalGipsy, and thanks for your report! Have you rebooted since this last update? How is ROCK connected to the network?

Yes rebooted several times since, hence my post. Network details are above. Rock is wired to switch that connects to main switch and router. Nothings changed here at all. As soon as Roon is restarted its very slow to populate all areas. Just restarted Roon server this morning and it’s faster than it was the other day but still slow this is why I questioned if there has been any issue with the Cloud server side of things that might have affected this as in the past it has been the issue.

Hello @CrystalGipsy, my apologies for the delay but I spoke to the team about your thread. We recommend you update to the latest version and let us know if there’s a change.

Ok will see how it performs.

Hey @CrystalGipsy, any luck with this issue after updating?

No seems to be much better thanks.

1 Like

Sorry @nuwriy spoke too soon this is still slow after a restart. Just restarted Roon due it Qobuz outage and it’s slow as it was before again.