ROCK unresponsive, requiring reboot

I’m running ROCK Version 1.0 (build 153) stable for about a week now on a new Intel NUC7i7BNH with the following hardware: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133 MT/s, Samsung SSD 960 Evo Nvme M.2 250 MB and CSL USB 3 Wireless AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Network Adapter.

The LAN is on static IP, the WLAN is on DHCP. Both subnets are bridged.

The last couple of days I had to reboot the NUC a couple of times as ROCK became unresponsive and the web interfaces both on the LAN and on the WLAN IP addresses were down.

Today it happened again while Roon was playing Tidal.

After rebooting the storage locations for local albums and for back-ups, both on a Synology RS 812, were showing as “Not Available”. I had to delete the shares and add them again.

I have changed the WLAN to static IP now.

@support: do you need any log files or other information in order to look into this issue?

Seems they changed how interfaces are handled in 1.53 as you’re the 2nd post I’ve seen that has bridged int on NUC.

I’m single LAN DHCP. No issues with update 1.53. Wonder what else has changed, awfully quiet on the release notes.

I have changed the WLAN config to static IP and have not experienced problems since.

how so? 1.53 only had a DSD Native patch and a minor configuration difference in the SMB server.

Only an observation as 2 people experienced problems with multiple interfaces after the update. Any idea what we updated/added or changed in 1.55? Still no release notes after a couple weeks.

155 and 153 were identical. – 154 had a bug related to SMB and was only out for a few minutes.

Thank you,

Larry