Rook Rock SSD issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

System A
NUC8I7 Running Roon Rock with M2 card for OS and 1 internal SSD for Music storage

System B
Intel cor 2 duo Running Windows 10 Pro with 2 SSD (1 for OS and other for Music storage)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Not needed for the issue

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nor needed for the issue

Description Of Issue

My Roon Rock (system A) stoped working last month and I’ve now managed to get a “new” server (system B) that is running W10 Pro. I now need to extract the musics from System A to put in to System B, but when I connect the SSD from system A W10 is not finding this drive. I am connecting the drive through USB, Is there any way I can extract my music from this SDD?

Many thanks

Filipe

Hi Filipe,

the SSD you used with ROCK has been formatted with a linux file system which is normally not readable on a Windows machine. To access the music files on the SSD you need to reconnect it to your ROCK system and expose it as a network share. This way you can access the files.

If you already deleted the system drive of the ROCK system you need to reinstall it temporarily to get access. The alternative would be to install some ext4 filesystem driver on your windows drive.

Hi Chris,

What you suggest is no longer possible has the NUC that had the Roon Rock is no longer working. On Mac there is a program called “Paragon” that allows Macs tor read windows based file systems, do you know if there is any program of this sort that allows me to get access to this drive?

Many thanks

Filipe

Paragon also offers extFS for Mac. That should do it. I think there is a 10 day test installation which should do the job for you

Hi,

I will test it and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.