Roon Availability on Astell & Kern

Roon Ready is a term for a Roon Endpoint. Roon Remote is a term for the Roon Controller. I didn’t see anything in the announcement that suggests that A&K would support both.

Presumably this means I will be able to send music from Roon to my S&K S25 (once that’s announced, please, please) with the S25 connected to Wifi at home. Which would be amazing.

Stuart, that is how it works now with my SP1000

1 Like

When in ROON from my tablet, I enable the SP1K and then output ROON as the SP1K. Then when playing a song via ROON, it shows up on the SP1K and I can actually forward to the next song via the SP1K! But to move to another ROON playlist or to view other info, I still have to use my tablet. Not really a biggie as the SP1K screen was pretty small anyway.

1 Like

Isn’t this the exact way we, the older ones, did it in the good old days? … New album? Get off your seat and change CDs :smiley: … I love this experience … and an ipad is almost a CD in my hand :wink:

1 Like

I have roon on my AK SP1000 as an end point. I notice that the DSD is limited to DSD64 and PCM to 192Kh.
The AK can do DSD256 and PCM384 natively.
Anyone know why?

Constraints of wireless perhaps RAAT might have some extra overheads and maybe it not very stable above those. Matrix i3 Pro has different RAAT specs than its native DAC can handle via USB . DAPs tend to have less than stellar WiFi chips in my experience, A&K might be different though.

Firmware upgrade for SE 200 came out today which facilitates Roon Ready. It works. Control with an ipad or desktop and the AK operates as an endpoint.

Firmware update 1.30CM

https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/support/download/view.asp?search=&word=&idx=1000214&page=1&no=168

Returned by Ak Kann Alpha Room worked when the WiFi did which unfortunately wasn’t very reliable. How premium products like these ship with non premium networking is beyond me.

Have the older AK SP1000 and it connects to my Roon Core like a champ. Wireless networking is very dependant on the user’s system, ie. there are lots of variables.

Roon ARC now available on Astell & Kern SP-3000 with today’s firmware update

Reading all these comments. I get the picture. I just bought a Astell&Kern Acro BE100 assuming that linking it to Roon would be no problem. I see that several A&K units are now covered within the Roon software, buit not the one I just bought. Should have look more carefully at what is Roon ready. Fortunately I bought it through B and H so I will have no trouble returning it.

I am a bit frustrated by Roon’s lack of support. It is expensive and they seem to spend a lot on advertising. Some kind of tech support is certainly not out of line. Frustrated!!!

They did not. They have included the old SP1000 but not the newer BE 100

Why would you think this is solely on Roon?
It’s up to the vendor to supply units for Roon Ready certification and to work with Roon to get it certified .
We have no idea of any behind the scenes activity right now so speculation is going to be fruitless.

The new coming SP35 is also Roon ready and hopefully more stable than the SP2000.

Where have you read about SP35? I can’t find any information about SP35

THX

Torben

1 Like

What a hideous looking device. Really don’t understand their design choices.

5 Likes

This got me to laugh out loud.

I’d wager that it’s functional - I bet they needed the additional width for components.

Other than the looks and the lack of open Android, it’s at least a competitive offering at its price.

1 Like