Room Core 1.8 (build 790) freezes host

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini, macOS 10.14, Roon Core 1.8 (build 790)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Eero WiFi (I have been using Roon and Plex over WiFi successfully for years.)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Endpoint: RoPieeeXL >USB> Chord Hugo 2
Controllers: MacBook Air, iPhone, iPad

Description Of Issue

The upgrade to build 790 brought multiple issues, in the order encountered:

1. Roon Remote app on iPhone crashes approx. 10 seconds after being opened.

I have tried uninstalling the app, rebooting my iPhone, then re-installing the app but that did not resolved the issue.

1. Roon client on MacBook Air was able to start playback of files stored locally on the Roon Core host on Roon endpoint, but the client lost connection with the Roon Core after a couple of minutes. After restarting the Roon client several times I attempted to open a Remote Desktop on the Roon Core host but the host was unreachable. Next I tried to SSH into the Roon Core host but the host was unreachable. During all this time music continued to play from the Roon endpoint.

I hardware power-cycled the Roon Core host and then was able to open a Remote Desktop to the host. Next I opened the Roon client on my MacBook Air, the client successfully connected to the Roon Core, I just left the app open for a minute then the client lost connection with the Roon Core and the Roon Core host became unreachable via Remote Desktop.

I hardware power-cycled the Roon Core host again but have not restarted the Roon Core.

Day 2. Bump.

Day 3.

Decided to try fixing it myself:

1. On Mac mini, uninstalled Roon Server and made sure to remove all Roon related items under the ~/Library directory.
  2. On MacBook Air, opened Roon client and told it to forget the Roon Core.
  3. On Mac mini, downloaded, installed, then launched Roon Server.
  4. On MacBook Air, opened Roon client and selected Roon Core once it appeared then restored from the most recent backup. (I’m glad that I had scheduled backups enabled)

One new issue popped up: Roon had marked the local file that was playing when the Roon Core first froze as “Corrupt”. Telling Roon to re-scan the tracks removed the “Corrupt” label.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.