Roon 1.2 build 161 - different behaviour? [SOLVED]

Has there been a lot of behind the scenes changes here?

Previously if I moved an album from the watched folder to an editing folder, it disappeared form Roon immediately. Now it seems to hang around and I have to force a rescan to get rid of it.

Similarly when I added it back it would show up immediately whereas now it doesn’t.

This is making some editing much more laborious than it was in previous incarnations.

SJB

Also I’m noticing that when I merge albums the cover of the bonus disc becomes the main cover rather than the original cover, with no way to change it in the edit album artwork.

I think I better stop my editing for the evening until someone shows me something I’m doing wrong or confirms a change in the way things occur.

SJB

by way of a pictorial example

Reidentifying then works

but seems so much more arduous than previously?

SJB

@support

Any information as to whether the apparent changes in functionality above are intended, side-effect, or bugs?

There definitely seems to b a change in behaviour without me (knowingly) changing my Roon set-up.

SJB

Hey @Sloop_John_B – sorry for the slow response here. I wanted to check something here and asked @support to leave this with me, but didn’t have a chance to respond last week.

There aren’t any major changes in the recent release that would be causing this.[quote=“Sloop_John_B, post:1, topic:14809”]
Previously if I moved an album from the watched folder to an editing folder, it disappeared form Roon immediately. Now it seems to hang around and I have to force a rescan to get rid of it.

Similarly when I added it back it would show up immediately whereas now it doesn’t.

This is making some editing much more laborious than it was in previous incarnations.
[/quote]

Has anything else changed in your setup? Can you give us the details of your Core and storage devices? There are a few known (and frustrating) issues in this area, but no changes in Roon recently that might have exacerbated this for you, other than some changes related to OSX Sierra.

If you recently upgraded to Sierra (or if you’re using network storage on OSX generally), we can definitely another look into this, just in case something’s changed here. Just let us know the details of your storage device configuration in Roon.

This sounds more like bad luck – we’ve always picked the highest resolution cover available, so this is what I would expect if the bonus disc happened to have a higher resolution image than the rest of the set.

Thanks and sorry again for the slow reply @Sloop_John_B!

Hi @mike and @Sloop_John_B,

I just removed an album from my library, with Roon running, and the album immediately disappeared. I then moved it back and it reappeared, as expected.

Roon Server on Mac Mini Sierra.
Roon Remote on same machine.
External music HD attached via USB.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @mike

I have Roon server running on Win 10 NUC and the music is stored on a NAS. Nothing has changed here.

Mind you when I look at the path being travelled it strikes me it may be a network issue.I’ve just rebooted both switches and will do the same with the core machine and check the NAS is okay and report back.

SJB

Yes back to what I expect and rips appear after the first song is ripped as I’m used to.

Eddie’s in the space time continuum again!

SJB