Update (July 27, 2017): Build 248 has been released for Mac OS only, along with Build 107 of Roon Bridge. This addresses a Mac-specific audio playback issue introduced in Build 247.
Another maintenance release of Roon is now rolling out to all platforms.
This build contains a fix for files that were incorrectly identified as MQA in our last release. All files previously identified as MQA will be reanalyzed when you install this release, but the rest of your collection will not be reanalyzed at this time.
This build also contains a number of stability improvements for our Sonos integration, a fix that prevents a “Device In Use” error when trying to use two Devialet AIR zones at the same time, and a clearer presentation of Meridian MC600 outputs in audio settings.
In response to a few reports from the community, we have done some work on our CoreAudio support. Roon should do a better job choosing the most efficient possible format when determining how to send bit-perfect streams to devices that offer multiple valid options.
This change should resolve sample rate display issues on NAIM’s DACv1, and also DoP playback issues on Parasound’s HALO, and will result in more efficient transmission to other products as well.
That should do it for this release. Thanks everyone!
The Team at Roon Labs
Roon 1.3 (Build 247) Release Notes
Roon Build 247 is now rolling out for OSX, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available upon approval.
Build 106 of Roon Bridge is also live for all platforms.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements in Roon Build 247:
- Files no longer being wrongly identified as MQA DSD 64 (will trigger re-analysis on files previously identified as MQA DSD64)
- Crash fixed when navigating with keyboard shortcuts
- Sonos: stability improvements
- Sonos: Volume control using Sonos hardware buttons properly displayed
- Devialet: Fix to allow playback to multiple Expert devices
- Meridian: Better handling and ordering of MC600 zones
- Issue importing playlists from iTunes Library.xml file resolved
- Issue importing playlists from some large iTunes XMLs resolved
- Orientation fixes for iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd gen, 2017)
- Metadata preference for Labels is properly displayed in Album editor
- Corrupt file show properly in skipped files even if there is no other media in folder
- Waveform properly displayed even after renaming folder .
- Fix for zone grouping screen with large number of zones
- Duplication of albums resolved when moving media from empty folder
- Resolved failure to detect files when network folder is mounted inside watched folder
- Thread count no longer goes up if network watched folder becomes unavailable on Linux Core
- Resolved issue deleting artist from tags in some cases
- CoreAudio format detection + audio packing is more efficient