A new maintenance release of Roon is now rolling out to all platforms, with a number of bug fixes, and performance improvements, as well as our first localization support in Roon!
Localization in Roon
Today’s release marks the first time Roon is available in languages other than English. Starting today, you can visit the Settings screen and switch Roon over to German, French, Dutch, Chinese Simplified, and Russian.
Note that not all text in Roon has been translated yet, nor is every language we intend to support included in this release. Roon is being translated by Roon members like yourself, so we would love to have your help with this project! We have a number of languages that are still being translated, and you can provide feedback for any of the current languages via our system. You can find all the details here.
Note that for now, Roon will not automatically switch to the language of your device, so you will need to visit Settings to select your language.
This week’s release includes some improvements to the Audeze Presets feature. We’ve added a wet/dry slider, as well as a new preset for the LCD-MX4 to bring Roon into parity with Audeze’s recently released Reveal plugin.
We are also pleased to offer a choice of filter type. The “Audeze Low-Latency” option is what was there before (and what is available in the Reveal plugin). The newly introduced Audeze Linear filters provide a linear-phase alternative which, according to Audeze, improves transparency and imaging.
This release also includes a few minor pieces of new audio functionality.
We’ve added the ability to configure a target loudness when using volume levelling. This has been requested a number of times, and can now be found in Zone Settings. Note that while choosing a louder target won’t cause clipping, it may result in a less uniform volume level across tracks.
We’ve also added the ability to configure resync delay for Meridian zones, which can be configured from Meridian endpoint’s Device Settings screen.
Tonight’s release includes fixes for a few recent bugs. Some problems related to storage in our last release have now been resolved, including issues mounting local and network hard drives in some configurations.
A few issues related to playlist importing (particularly from iTunes) have also been resolved, and we have a few stability fixes on the audio side as well, including changes for RAAT, Devialet, Sonos, and KEF.
Other fixes resolve issues with Internet Radio, track browser filtering, Convolution, and a handful of crashes. The full list is below.
That should do it for this maintenance release all – good to get these changes out now, as we’re hoping to have a few surprises ready before the end of the year
The Team at Roon Labs
Roon 1.3 (Build 276) Release Notes
Roon Build 276 is now rolling out for OSX, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available upon approval.
Note that this build was originally released as Build 274. It was updated to Build 276 on November 20th with 2 additional bug fixes.
Build 125 of Roon Bridge is also live for all platforms.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements in Roon Build 274:
- Tuning of RAAT to improve performance for WiFi/low performance devices
- Stability improvements for KEF LS50 Wireless streaming
- Stability improvements for Sonos streaming
- Devialet input switching no longer depends on source names “Ethernet” and “WiFi”
- Fix a bug when parsing Devialet AIR announcement packets from newer devices
- Fixed crash when selecting importing spinner
- Crash fixed when playing a playlist without active audio zones
- Issues with spreadsheet filtering resolved
- Storage: Issue seeing external hard drive on MacOS and Linux resolved
- Storage: Improved stability when importing iTunes XMLs
- Storage: Crash when trying to save settings on Music Folder edit tab fixed
- Storage: Issue adding Network Share on ROCK and SonicTransporter resolved
- Storage: ROCK can connect to synology when min protocol is set to SMB2
- Storage: Resolved crash when Linux Core loses connection to network storage
- Backup: app removes restore_tmp folder after unsuccessful procedure
- Backup: Issues restoring a backup made using an older build resolved
- Backup: Issue deleting Roon DB backups resolved
- Resolution scaling fixes for iPod Touch
- Better handling of internet radio URLs with non-standard content-type values
- Fix a bug that caused asymmetric convolution filters to be inadvertently panned during resampling
- Fix a bug that caused convolution to repeat a small section of audio at the end of playback
- Convolution engine removes insignificant terms from FIR filters to improve performance with many room correction filters.
- Branding for
- Meridian 251
- ELAC Discovery Z3
- Audeze LCD-MX4
- Allo Piano, Boss, Piano 2.1, DigiOne
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements in Roon Build 276:
- Fixed crash when using Elac Discovery Z3
- Reverted RAAT tuning changes for dCS devices only
- Fixes for bug preventing import of certain playlists with non-standard characters