Roon 1.3 crashes: Can't log in to Roon Core after update to macOS sierra 10.12 [Resolved]

On a 2011 iMac, after update to Sierra when attempting log in to use to manage library, Roon crashes and exits.
No problem logging into account from browser. Trashed Roon and reinstall from fresh download but still crashes.

Grateful for any help. Thanks.

Hi @Lim_Chee_Kiang ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. I just want to be sure I am understanding the issue correctly here, when you try to access the application it is crashing on launch, correct?

Furthermore, did you do a complete uninstall before re-downloading the application (i.e deleting the DB completely)?

-Eric

Did not completely uninstall. Only trashed the Roon app. I was afraid to lose the Roon DB.
How to completely uninstall? Thanks Eric.

Already uninstalled, deleted DB Roon folder and reinstalled fresh download.
Setup
• Roon 1.3
• OSX 10.12
• iMac 2011 32GB RAM
• USB, NAS Synology 412+ and Dlink all wired
• 40,000 tracks

Crashes every time I start the app. After OSX 10.12 update.

Same problem for me. I even tried reinstalling Mac OS Sierra because I thought it might have something to do with this. I have to put in my credentials again and then it says there is no network connection. All other apps and browsers work fine.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Eric

2 days still without a fix. Please expedite help. Thanks.

Hi @Rob_Kraanen ---- Thank you for the report and sorry for the troubles here. Before I gather some logs from you may I kindly ask you to please provide the details of your current setup as seen here.

I mentioned to Lim in my PM, as a test I took an older MBP (2010 i7) and updated to Sierra few minutes ago and have been able to load Roon on to the device and am currently playing back both local and TIDAL content without issue.

Can provide me any further details in regard to this problem you’ve encountered? I understand from your report that this appears to have occurred after the updated to Sierra, but can you think of anything else that may have occurred in the same time frame that may have had impact on this issue? No detail is too small.

-Eric

Hi @Lim_Chee_Kiang ---- Apologies for the delay here. I will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions on how to send a copy of your logs over to us so we can determine what may have caused this to occur.

-Eric

got it. thanks.

Hi I have the 1.3 200 build 64 bit. It runs on a Macbook Pro 13" 8,1
I have 4 different locations where music is stored:
Hard disk
Second Hard disk
External Hard disk
Airport Extreme
I think the latest 10.12.4 version of Sierra might have messed things up. Can that be it?

Fixed… I had uninstalled it a couple of times but now with CCleaner (this completely uninstalls and leaves nothing behind). Then I reinstalled and restored the backup from Dropbox

1 Like

Rob…Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

At last, the end of 2 sleepless nights…your are a genius. CCleaner is killer.

Copied exactly what you did…and Bingo!!! All’s well and peace at home again!!!

Eric…you are a little late to the party but Thank You for your efforts nonetheless. Ticket closed.

One for the Knowledge Base.

LCK
Singspore

1 Like