Roon 1.3 - issues with Linux (Ubuntu) [Realtek Ethernet 8168 chipset]

If you’re using Gigabit Ethernet, see if you can force the network connection to 100Mbps instead of 1000Mbps.

And/Or try to use a different network switch with a different set of cables.

1 Like

I tried un-mounting existing SMB share and moved a small subset of my library to the system drive as suggested by Andrew. I still saw the same problems. I even tried to upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 to see if things worked any different on a newer kernel, but no luck. I moved my library to an old Macbook Pro for now, and it’s running at it should, but I really wish this would work on my Linux box. I signed up for Roon as soon as I hear a Linux version was coming. Alternatively, I may have to buy a Mac Mini to run this, but I have enough systems around the house as it is. Not sure if anything in the latest build 216 addresses any of this, but I’ll give that a try as well later tonight.

I did try 100Mbps at some point, and I’ve tried other cables, but that didn’t change anything.

Just a suggestion. If this is a hardware issue could you try a USB to ethernet dongle? Especially if you have USB3.