Since yesterday I am running roon 1.3 (build 218) on a sonictransporter i5 (used to run on a laptop). My audio files are stored on a synology NAS. Both are plugged into a gigabit LAN. My remotes are ipad and an android phone.
I have 1200 albums and 25000 tracks.
The application is not stable:
- This morning I had to reboot the sonictransporter because the remotes could not connect at all.
- The remotes are disconnected and reconnected, disconnected, reconnected, and so on.
- Browsing through the collections is sometimes painfully slow. It is hard to reproduce, although listing the compositions of JS Bach (I have them all, and different versions, so it is a big list), mostly fails: I get a spinning wheel, and the list is never completed.
- A lot of the time when looking for an artist or a composer, autocompletion does not work.
- Launching searches (very) often does not complete: all I get is the roon logo. When this happens I sometimes try another remote, which works for a couple of seconds or minutes, until this one starts to hang too.
- Restarting the roon service sometimes helps, but only for a while.
Conclusion: roon is a wonderful product, but my instance is useless.