Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities

Don’t click it. Roon is for me and not for my guests

I listen to music while working on a PC with PC serving as remote. This is much convenient than another touchscreen device I don’t have a need for much.

Oh no it isn’t. :slight_smile:

Many of us are happy to live life on the edge…

R128 loudness algorithm instead of current reply gain. R128 is far more accurate

Roon should be able to calculate OR use already existing R128 Tags (created by JRiver).

1 Like

I don’t really care what algorithm is used for volume leveling, but two issues should be solved:

1. Tidal music is a lot louder that local content using volume leveling.
  2. Playing an album, no volume leveling should be used between the album tracks
3 Likes

That’s because their pop/rock catalogue is generally comprised of brickwalled “remasters”. There still remains a lot to be said for local content. I’ve thrown out many a remaster purchased in the hope that it’s an improvement on an initial release. Often times it’s not.

Same here. Many disappointments come to mind
e.g Tres Hombres, Gracelands, Joshua Tree

A post was split to a new topic: Tidal louder than volume levelled Local tracks

• Qobuz
  • Remove Tidal from “hamburger menu” if not configured
  • Qobuz
  • Individual tracks rating (with half stars)
  • Qobuz
  • smart playlists with tracks rating and play count as available criteria
  • Qobuz

:slight_smile:

oh, wait… did I mention Qobuz? :stuck_out_tongue:

This will not happen without their support. You should bug them a lot. If they don’t respond favorably, you should vote with your Euros and stop using them.

2 Likes

will do :wink:

thankfully I can access it with the Aries. would love, though, not having to switch remote :wink:

you saying Roon does, or you’d like it too?

I’d like roon to use R128 and existing meta data from JRiver.

2 Likes
  • support for Raspberry pi 7" dsplay on linux. simply a cover with few basic controls woud be enough,

• group airplay with raat devices

[quote=“cuco, post:146, topic:9534, full:true”]

• support for Raspberry pi 7" dsplay on linux. simply a cover with few basic controls woud be enough, [/quote]

This may be possible with the Roon API, which is coming.

RAAT and AirPlay have fundamentally different approaches to clock ownership, not an easy thing to implement.

Qobuz keeps telling us, that they are working with you on an integration. I posted the last reply I got here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-integration/6767/75?u=martin_kogel

oh… a couple details that, imho, would improve readability:

• please move “Playlists” (a track pertains to) underneath “Composed by”
    (now it shows, when present, between “Title” and “Composed by”, making it all, imho, quite a mess)

• please, to improve readability of “half stars”, remove “grey (unissegned) ones”
    wait… this one needs a screenshot:

I replied over there.

1 Like

Something I’d really like to see Roon add is the ability to link all performances of a song or work so that all instances of a song or work are accessible from any instance of that song/ work rather than only those Roon deems significant or knows of.

An example, Kasey Chambers covers Return of the Grievous Angel on her album Storybook yet the song isn’t 1) recognised or 2) credited. As a result it doesn’t show up when listing Roon’s instances of the song and I cannot automagically start browsing Gram Parsons compositions from this album.

It’d be useful to have the ability to have Roon review its database entries and match stuff that’s a clear match, and perhaps have you confirm/ deny where it’s not sure it’s dealing with a clear match.

1 Like

+1 an interesting idea, would be really good fun I think.