Roon 1.4 Feedback

I’ve been “testing” shuffle and radio all day (as though I have some operational QA relevance) and it is definitely different. That is good - it’s not repeating the same olds. We will see if it repeats something else, but so far, I have really enjoyed the revamped playback options. Thank you again Roon for hearing us. I never stopped using Roon every day, but now it feels like a new toy again.

This is not meant critically, but I agree, I would love for phase 2, whenever it is ready (phase 1 will take me a while to digest) to be configurable regarding various attributes of radio (curated) playback. I think some of this could be applied to shuffle too.

There would be:

• depth (how deep into an artist or other group to go);

• breadth (how far afield from the core attribute to go);

• whether to include only your library, only Tidal outside of your library, or both - i.e. for discovery, enjoyment, or both;

• fast tempo versus slow;

• emphasis on artists where you have many albums or weighting all artists equally;

• hits versus deep cuts versus deeper cuts;

• whether to weight past plays towards playback or to scrape the bottom of your collection;

• etc.

These could be layered to make creating a radio like mixing a cocktail.

The results could be bookmarks that allow for a very quick but super curated radio playback. Even cooler, allow us to create and import graphics for bookmarks since they would then be somewhat like our personal mix tapes. We all decorated our mix tapes, right?

That brings me to a related point. I’d like to be able to use custom graphics for bookmarks and tags, rather than the default member mosaic.

5 Likes