Roon 1.6 (Build 416). Issues with characters such as slash "/" and dash "-" in roon editing operations

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 / Roon 1.6 (build 416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet / Netgear GS108 (dumb switch)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Eximus DP1 (USB DAC)

Description Of Issue

Since build 416 various editing operations using characters such as slash “/” or dash “-” no longer work. For example, hyphenated names are extremely common in France. So I am having a lot of problems adding credits with hyphenated names to Qobuz albums. I created the violinist “Jean-Jacques Kantorow” 3 times before I realised what was going on. If I type “Jean-” then roon cannot find the rest of the name in its database:

The work-around is to do the search on Kantorow instead and then roon can find the artist:

As an aside. The image for the artist is absolutely terrible (as many images still are):

Similarly forward slash is no longer being handled as it was before. For the same album above that I was having problems adding a Jean-Paul Kantorow credit I am also having problems adding a “Classical/Violin” genre. If I start typing “Classical/” then roon finds nothing:

The work-around is to just type “Classical” and then scroll down:

My guess is there are all sorts of non-Latin characters like this that no longer behave as they did prior to build 416. Can this be addressed? This is really awkward. I re-booted and re-loaded roon several times before I realised what was going on.

Thanks for reaching out, @Tony_Casey!

I’ve passed this info along to the team. In the meantime, you should be able to type things without the “-” or “/” and thing should work for you.

Ex: “Jean Jacques Kantorow” should bring up “Jean-Jacques Kantorow”

Thanks . . .

Hi @Tony_Casey,

The team looked into this and they were able to reproduce this behavior on older versions too. We’ve opened a ticket with our development team to investigate further.

We appreciate the report!

Ok, strange. I only noticed this with build 416 so I thought it was probably a regression that slipped through.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.