Roon 1.6 extremely slow with Qobuz and/or Tidal services

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology 1515+ 5 bay NAS, 6GB Ram, external SSD for database, DSM 6.2.1, Roon server Synology package 2018-03-07

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology wired to Netgear switch, Linn Majik DSM wired to same switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Linn Majik DSM with ethernet connection to switch

Description Of Issue

Roon flies on this setup. With iOS & macOS control points access to music stored on the NAS is instantaneous. Music is stored as FLAC files.

As soon as I add either Qobuz or Tidal (or both, preferably) the search function becomes virtually unusable. Once an album is located the interface can become unresponsive to the point it takes several clicks to play a file ! It’s essentially unusable with these services added. Is this something that Roon are aware of ? It wasn’t always like this but I’d say it was when Qobuz support was added ?

Ian

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Slowness - Synology 1817+

A post was split to a new topic: I7 NUC - Search Taking a While

A post was split to a new topic: Slow Roon with Windows 10 Virtual Machine

A post was split to a new topic: Slow Search (Windows + Qobuz)

A post was split to a new topic: ROCK Slow Search

A post was split to a new topic: Search Slow with Qobuz On

Hello All,

A few posts have been split up to get setup information for better tracking of this issue.

@Ian_Moran -

• Can you please let me know the model/manufacturer of your switch and router?
  • When you experience this issue, does Roon display any error messages?
  • Does rebooting the Core change this behavior and correct it, even if temporary?

Thanks,
Noris

Netgear GS116, Draytek Vigor 2862ac

No error message.

Rebooting does not consistently sort the problem. What does work is to simply remove Tidal & Qobuz services

Hello @Ian_Moran,

Can you please reproduce this issue again with TIDAL/Qobuz enabled let me know the following information?

• Your library size (number of tracks in Overview)
  • The exact local time (e.g. 8:29) you performed a search query
  • What your search query was
  • How long it took to deliver results
  • Reboot your Core and perform the same search, how long did it take to deliver the results this time?

Once I have this information I’m going to go ahead and enable diagnostics mode for your account and see if there are any error messages near the timestamps you provide.

Thanks,
Noris

same here.
-my machine is a WIN7 PC (i5 CPU).
-i was not aware that there exist a Roon Server package for synology. i have a 2 bay synology nas (DS 213)

i have just logged out from TIDAL. Roon is immediately much faster.
anyway, i don’t use tidal (my subscription is terminating in a few days), so…

N

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.