Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

Wow this thread has blown up — I haven’t read through everything so please excuse any duplicate notes. Overall I gotta say I’m quite pleased with the update. Added Qobuz to my streaming options.

A couple observations:

• Please bring back the “Love” button on the “now playing” bar. It could be as easy as adding it between the song title/interpret and the signal path indicator. Apparently one of the UI goals was to maintain visual coherency between the bar and the full “now playing” screen. This change would maintain that coherency.
    46%20PM

• I’m getting some “Qobuz media is loading slowly” messages. This never happened before with Tidal and happens mostly on Qobuz 96kHz+ media.

• It would be great if Roon Radio could check for a local version of the song it’s about to play. This would make tagging and “loving” :wink: way easier.

• If the above is technologically hard to achieve, make it easier to like a song that’s been played from Radio. Could be as simple as expanding the functionality of the “Add Album to Library” link. Maybe provide a drop down next to it that has option like “Add Album to Library and…” “Love this song”, “Add to Tag…” “Add to Playlist…”

• This could me more of a feature request, but please allow for keyboard shortcut customization.

• Lastly, the keyboard shortcuts in the menu are broken when both streaming services are connected. See screen below.
    27%20PM

I really appreciate the work that has gone into this. Roon Radio has been amazing for me. It helped me discover a lot of artists I didn’t know before. Thanks for the update!