Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

I do see a lot of improvement in the last week. Probably a stupid suggestion, but maybe restart Roon after cleaning cache and full stop, could lead to better results?
Dirk

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

Images are not displayed in a good way on the playing now screen (iPad as example), please look into this @support

For what it’s worth, I’m starting to like the now playing screen when good quality images are available.

Like this:

It will be a monumental task for Roon to ensure image quality across the board. I’ve started looking for better images on the net when I see one that has heads cut off etc.

1 Like

Read the thread you are posting in, this has been addressed and acknowledged by roon.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon’s handling of 1.6 Feedback on Artist images

I’m getting used to those extreme close-ups…this is what sets Roon apart from other players :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Yes it’s sort of a social commentary on the idealization of popular figures whereas a closeup reveals their average-person-like humanity. :star_struck:

1 Like

At least he has a close-up image…about 45% of my Tidal Artists have the Grey Hash box.

…I made a bet about my posts, lets see what happens…

I had to add photos for about 250 artists. Rote as that sounds, you’d be surprised at what pops from Google searches and it is more diverting a process than you might think. It’s all part of the hobby.

3 Likes

Yeah I did that for those which allowed it…some I don’t get the option to add/change artwork. Also when I do it still doesn’t show up in the main page.

Searching Google for artwork is not something I’d expect I would have to do with an expensive piece of software like this…I made the comparison of the ‘advertised’ burgers vs. the ones they actually sell you…

1 Like

I understand that this is annoying to some people. It is a little annoying to me sometimes too. However, as far as I understand it, Roon is trying to develop an algorithm to run the radio feature, and this depends on user use and feedback. The connections between artists and tracks that make a radio feature possible is not information that Roon is just purchasing from a third party, but something that is dependent on user interaction. To this end, these questions that we are asked when rejecting a track are important to the eventual improvement of the radio feature. I might be wrong about this, but this is how I understand it. The “radio” service on an application like Spotify depends on the “feedback” of millions of users. Roon is not just piggybacking on an existing service like this, but is trying to replicate it, based on the tastes of their own customers. This is a pretty big task. Because of this, I don’t mind answering a few questions as to why I am giving a thumbs down to a particular track. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

i admit i’m not going to read 1200 posts.
roon staff: i don’t like the new UI graphics. but i guess it’s a matter of taste.
but explain me what exactly do you think are obtaining when roon works this way:

i admit that roung grey bubbles are better than grey squares.
but i think that you are really missing a point of view.

if we compare to promises (note: no grey bubbles there…):

i definitively think that the plain list is better.

8 Likes

besides: the search page is also a nonsense

all black & empty space… why?

i add that the search has become much slower (but i have to say that i have activated tidal, for a promotional subscription… maybe that’s the reason).
and as have been pointed out by many other users, the logic of the search results (especially the “top result”) is in general quite incomprehensible…

1 Like

Good post, you probably won’t make any friends with it, but good post.

Nice and accurate comparison…Roon turns ‘this’ into ‘this’

This–> TIDAL Artist pics :into: This–> Grey Squares

Thanks for the info, looking forward to the update

True :joy:

Roon 1.6 with Qobuz, for a Classical Music listener like me, is just fantastic. it even gives me the sleeve notes & libretti. it means I can now ditch iTunes Music & use Roon for all my listening. Great stuff.

3 Likes

A quick thank you for the Qobuz integration, which I’m really enjoying.

I saw what might be a bug this morning: I had a Qobuz favourite (in my library) and then added a local copy of the same album. As expected, this showed two copies of the album in my library. However, after I used Delete Album to remove (un-favourite) the Qobuz version, the version count icons for the album still showed two copies in my library. I stopped and re-started the Roon Server and the version count then showed the expected one copy in my library. (Apologies if this has already been reported.)

Describe the 1.6 release in one word. I’ll start…

“Slow”

This took 30 seconds to come back. Exploring on Roon is no longer enjoyable.