Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

Not a tantrum. Donald Trump throws tantrums. This is just an expected view that was pulled out from under us. There’s a difference folks!

1 Like

Yes, that is getting fixed.

1 Like

OK, so I got my Qobuz US invite yesterday and fired up roon to check it out.

Very nice job on the Qobuz integration.

Have you tried the Roon Display feature?

I did miss that. Frankly, I cannot keep up with the community here! But that is great to hear that there will be more developments and that Roon has heard some of us about needing the album view back. On a 12" screen, the current album view is approx 6% of the total visible area. It’s hard to believe that it was increased twice to get to the current postage stamp size.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon Radio 1.6 Feedback Thread

A post was split to a new topic: Display Version under File Description on Now Playing Screens

I still use JRiver for file tagging, library file maintenance, playlist making for burning (not often), file conversion and probably other things.

I find it a nice complement for roon just as I use Windows File Explorer. I view my music library system as Explorer, JRiver, and Roon plus tools like dBpoweramp for ripping. They seem to work well together so I don’t worry if Roon doesn’t have some of those features.

There are other features like album art and Version display that I would like to see in Roon but for the most part I try to suggest, find work arounds and try to focus on in summary if it’s better I will keep using it.

I do like the community voicing their likes and dislikes and continuing to make suggestions.

I read about Roon being slow after the 1.6 update. It seems that for most it is a random thing. For me it’s constant. I searched for “Gazelle Twin” just now and it took more than a half minute to find the composer. Then I clicked on it and it was another 20 mp. It is just me? Roon became very slow.

I run it on a dedicated PC with i5, 8GB RAM, M 2.1 SSD. Operating system is Ubuntu Studio. It runs only two applications: Roon and HQPlayer. I had no seed issues with pre 1.6-

Playback is fine.

I think there’s an issue with the search service at the moment. The support team is investigating:

I see. Thanks for the Info. It is generally slower after the update. But I hope it will be better.

Thanks again.

My impression is a little different. Sometimes it’s really fast (searches for “Miles Davis” or “Simon Rattle” only take about a second) and sometimes it’s really slow (up to 30 seconds for the same searches).

Prior to update it was instant. Now I find it variable as above. Sometimes I reboot thinking that helps.

I have gotten used to searching on artist name va scrolling by artist and selecting artist.

This morning everything works extremely fast. Fingers crossed…

A post was split to a new topic: Thoughts about other posters, bugs and design

I’m reposting those precise paragraphs that I’m allowed to repost in this thread according to the explicit instructions of the moderator (those instructions were included by the moderator in the new thread):

I’m only hoping that the designers will realize that we don’t need both a thumbnail in the lower left, and a large album cover above it. The common sense decision will be to eliminate the thumbnail on that particular page or view, move everything as far down the page as practical (such as the row of icons) and thereby leave as much room as possible for the largest possible illustration of the album cover. We hardly need both a thumbnail and an album cover on the same page or view. That would be the software equivalent of a complete oxymoron.

Like Charles, I’m hoping that see a better balance for overall user design, and Roon can once again deserve the description that I applied and originated, in the thread “Why Roon is fabulous, with or without Tidal.”

As to when all of this will happen, I always assumed it would take at least 45 to 60 days. Roon is not known for being quick when it comes to software releases. The notes on the new features of 1.6 were posted 27 days ago as of the date I’m posting this. So we all might as well be patient. I’d be delighted to be proven wrong on that, however.

2 Likes

Better a stable 1.7 than the buggy 1.6. Let’s hope they’ll test it as long as it need.

A post was split to a new topic: Extremely slow playback of Qobuz

:roll_eyes:

About the latest Build 401 release. Thank you for bringing back the old style waveform, much better. But there’s small bug with it, the waveform overlaps with the Zone name. See attached screenshot.

Thanks