Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

Anyone else having trouble updating RoonServer running on Windows Server 2016? I was able to update RoonRemote running Windows 7 on my laptop but Server is stuck at downloading. I’ve tried restarting several time but no luck

Thanks Guys, I’m so glad this came just after I began beta testing of Qobuz!

I’ll be downloading the update in a few hours. :sunglasses:

Perhaps Brian remembers that he once replied that changing embedded metadata of an audio file should ask roon for a complete audio-reanalyze since that takes days on larger collections. Well from experience I doubt that brain implemented self-healing code, since it looks as if he didn’t spent a second about getting this annoying one fixed.

unable to handle volume for an allo piano 2.1 dac

And besides the bugs there’s also dozends of items mentioned in here poeple might like to see getting addressed or implemented.
split artists, lost (hidden) albums, poor artwork, pretty incomplete in terms of reviews and bio for artists and albums, no release handling for albums, 50% without lyrics while not making use of embedded ones, … the list could be easily extended.

Summary: bugs kept, Quboz added, and a waste of time for cosmetical GUI modifications which look make roon look worse but before. Congratulation for this.

Yes, I’m immediately missing the “Now Playing” screen showing the album art and next song in the upper right hand corner. Is there any way to configure this? I don’t care to use the display browser in Firefox. Thanks!

2 Likes

How long does it take to get invited to the Qobuz beta? I’d love to see what they got, now that it works with Roon.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Impossible to Edit Search results

Roon team…u need to change up/broaden your beta test group…things are getting a bit tired and I think a fresh look would be helpful.

Maybe 2 separate groups…the “original” ones and a whole new group, say users from 1.5 on…to compare and contrast

It would be great to have Qobuz integration if it didn’t add all the albums I’ve purchased from Qobuz (and which are already in my local library) so that I have a mass of apparent duplicates in ‘Albums’, ‘Discover’, ‘Recent’ and in search results. The only solution I can see is to sign out of Qobuz. Does anyone have a better fix?

1 Like

Great release! The integration of Qobuz is a solid business move as it both hedges against future business issues at Tidal and satisfies the streamer community where everyone has their favorite source. (Waiting to try Qobuz in the U.S., I’m on the beta waiting list for a while now.) Also, my initial interactions with the new UI are all positive and I’m looking forward to improved searches, radio, and an AI-driven future.

On another front, I am hopeful that remote access to Roon (WAN) is still on the roadmap. I have ~4TB of music on my Synology NAS (Redbook and above). I use Roon for playback in the house and Synology’s DS Audio app (not so good) to get to my library and play music through my iPhone when not at home/travelling. It offers download of music into the app so it works when disconnected (say on an airplane), but it down samples all music and the UI and player are not very good.

I look forward someday to use the Roon remote on my iPhone to access/download my music for playback when not at home or connected to the Internet. Per the comment above, I understand that streaming sources may not be available in this mode – at least when not on-line, however, for music owners who only use streaming as a supplement, this is not an issue.

Well done and congrats on 1.6!

I believe that my lifetime subscription was one of the best value investments I’ve made in my many years of being an audiophile and music lover.

Cheers.

10 Likes

This is interesting - some of us are seeing this issue, but not all of us are. There’s definitely a bug lurking somewhere, I feel.

For now I’d be happy to see an option to exclude Qobuz unless you are looking in the Qobuz menu item. ie like using Focus to exclude the location ‘Qobuz’ from showing (which I don’t think sticks does it?).

I would like to have more sorting options (other than the actual date added) in My Qobuz–Favorite Albums.

Ditto. I often use the waveform to get an idea of dynamic range. The new look makes that more difficult. But great stuff otherwise.

3 Likes

… still waiting a word on this from developers :cry:
issue is very annoying, here, with hundreds of Qobuz purchases :no_mouth:

Congrats on this update. A couple of really nice new features. And I’m sure there’s a massive amount of work that went on under the hood that we will see the fruits from in subsequent releases.

Search has improved, although I am seeing these duplicate track results from my local library. I’ve confirmed that the file paths are identical via “View File Info…”

Thank you, B.!

What is going on with the footer?

Ugly as always, only now 3x as wide.

6 Likes

Signing into Qobuz also imported all my purchased albums (and single tracks). This makes sense for Qobuz users who are trying Roon for the first time, but not those who’ve had Roon and have been buying albums for download from Qobuz.

3 Likes

The upvote/downvote thing doesn’t really work at all, and it’s a conceptual issue : how the hell am I supposed to know if something I’m about to listen is what I want to listen to ?

A much more interesting question might be “do you like what you’re listening to ?”, and to ask that, moving the thumbs thing to all the wasted space in the footer, during a track’s playback might be a good stopgap.

Also, and it’s really a matter of courtesy here, it’d be nice to have documentation of how to block the “call home for shared likes” feature. Ideally, it’d be user-facing in the preferences, of course.

5 Likes

Wow, this is exciting! Everything looks great!

One of the first posts I made here, after purchasing Roon last year, was regarding the limited radio functionality. The entire point of a “radio” function is to take you beyond your collection, right? It looks like they’ve made a lot of progress in this area.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been obsessively messing with the parametric eq. Looks like I’ll be messing around even more now. I love what they’ve done here. The new interface is a lot easier to play with. I guess I know what I’ll be doing today. :wink:

I’m excited about Qobuz. One question: Does anyone know when Qobuz is expected to come out of beta in the US?. I just signed up to be a beta tester, and am waiting for their response.

Thanks to all of the Roon engineers! Looks like a great update.

1 Like