before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

apart from some changes in artists pictures, it seems to me that the only change is small pictures maximized on the screen… with horrible pixelation
i don’t know exactly what you mean (roon’s @staff) when you say that the artists picture problem is going to be solved.

i appreciate your proposal (no users’ customization, everything is served by roon, your words)
but…
-70% of artists have no picture in my library
-10% are ok
-20% are like in these examples… simply awful

that’s why i have populated my library with pictures (only primary artists, not performers). it took a while.
my point is that there’s only 1 sensible thing you can do: allow users to select a focus point for their own pictures.
the final result with roon’s artwork in 80% of situations is simply… impossible.

For me it is two clicks.

1. I select an album to play in Tidal
  2. If I like it I I click on “Add To Library”

(Ian spector) #1050

That is the case with albums you choose to play, it is different when Roon Radio has selected the track.

(Niccolò Terzi) #1051

some “now playing” problems. just an example:

for this album, the album artist is supposed to be jordi savall. but in the now playing screen:

the artist picture is montserrrat f. who is just one of the artists.
and the same in the artist bio section:

this is a systematic behavior, the picture and the bio are always for the first primary artist, not the album artist.
i definitively consider this a bug.
i think it would be… ok if it would be shown a picture of all the primary artists of the track. i d’ont know about the bio, though.

besides going to the credits section:

the screen (this is a PC monitor) is almost empty. nonsense. and with a long list of performers… you have to scroll.
besides: you cannot show credits by artist name (like in the album credits section).

(Punit Shetty) #1053

I agree, same complaint.

(Bruce Orr) #1054

Nice changes. Really like how we can finally benefit from the artist photos in Now Playing.

• The ability to view artist photo, bio, credits, album review easily from Now Playing is great
  • many of the Roon-supplied artist pix are not configured to fill the screen. I’d think you would want to fix this.
  • like the way search results are presented, but find the search itself can be frustratingly slow
  • can Qobuz and Tidal be both integrated into Roon concurrently, creating one giant integrated library?
    Suggestions
  • please enable Tracks to benefit from Play From Here function.
  • PLEASE allow Playlist Folders to be created

Thanks for great work! Just upped my subscription to Lifetime!

(Bruce Orr) #1055

I LOVE the artist photo on Now Playing! But I also “curate” my library and will soon have added maybe 1000 artist photos where Roon doesn’t provide or Roon pix are poor. Most people don’t want to go thru the hassle of creating their own artist photos. So, why not let users who do share the Artist photos they have added with Roon for the benefit of all users?

I will soon have added 1000+ artist photos to fill Roon holes, or replace what I consider poor quality Roon artist art. I’m sure others have also added artist art. I would be happy to opt-in to Artist Artwork Sharing for the benefit of the Roon Community.

Problem here could be how to implement this without dragging Roonlabs into copyright problems which could arise from this.

(Spencer Marquart) #1057

Here’s a perfect shot of how awesome the new “now playing” design is. As we wait for the update. At least they got the drummer in the pic. Let it rot!

(Steven Hansen) #1058

I’ll add one more major beef. Why remove the old way to see lyrics so now I can only see them scrolling live through the song? I rather just see what the lyrics are in a pop-up window, instead of them scrolling throughout the song hogging all the main screen. I am ready to say it was two steps backwards. Very much miss the previous version.

(Paul) #1059

Here’s a perfect shot of how awesome the new now playing design is.
I guess you don’t deserve it :rofl:

(Spencer Marquart) #1060

One man’s rubbish is another man’s jewel. Well played Sir!

(Tony) #1061

Now the image updates are filtering through. Maybe it’s time to split off the artist art comments into it’s own thread? The good and the bad. If there are patterns maybe they can be improved?

Myra Hindley out on parole it seems:

(Matthew Coeny) #1062

I wish Roon provided a better “Credits” information – i.e., on a track-by-track basis – for jazz albums. Currently the Credits data provided at the album level is an aggregation of every musician, etc. appearing on the album and does not indicate whether they appear on all tracks or certain tracks (or which tracks, if the latter). And, I have found the credits provided for individual tracks are typically limited and do not list musicians. As a result and assuming that musicians vary from track-to-track (frequently the case), I need to look up the album in Wikipedia (which does have this information) to know what musicians I’m listening to. If this data is not available via an electronic database, a “simple fix” would be to provide an image of the back cover of the album/CD, where this information often is provided.

(Mike) #1063

Good idea!

(Dylan Caudill) split this topic #1064

5 posts were split to a new topic: Volume jumping to 100%

(Jack Neber) #1065

Wondering if I am doing something wrong to filter Coldplay albums or if there’s some other reason that only 5 Tidal albums are showing up in my artist search, none of them MQA. If I use the Tidal app directly, all 20 of Coldplay’s albums are displayed. Please help. Thanks!