Roon 1.7 / 537 Working?

Works fine for me; Nucleus+, macOS 10.15.4

Hi Geoff
Thank you, I found it.

No not at all. :crazy_face:

I can’t help thinking that this is a ridiculous thread, correct me if I am wrong.

No problem with the latest Windows 10 on a Dell AlienWare PC.

Yes and no.

It speaks to Roon’s recent and ongoing instability

A post was split to a new topic: Application hangs on latest update

Working OK for me, gen 5 i5 NUC running ROCK. I had to log in to Tidal but that behaved correctly (redirects etc) at the point of the update but it was stable for me before and after. The remote was an iPad Pro 9.7.

No,I do not know how update new program.

Go to Settings/About in Roon, and it will trigger a check for available updates.

2 posts were split to a new topic: TIDAL login every time Roon starts

Both 536 and 537 caused album art to eventually stop showing on the now playing screen. Win 10 endpoint for playback and control. Restarting roon fixed it temporarily. Rebooted the endpoint and it is working so far. No other issues.

Never had a single problem.
Running Roon Rock on an I5 NUC.

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with the queue on latest update

I don’t understand why some have these nagging issues and others do not. I didn’t have any issues with the 536 or 537 updates and am grateful for that but also worried about the possibility of it happening.

1 Like

Very happy with my Sonic.

Working on a system with Sonos and Bluesound devices.

I can confirm this is happening to me as well. It seems like a bug to me. Very annoying.

1 Like

Consider how many different configurations exist among the entire user base. There are hundreds of different computers, with all sorts of graphics cards, versions of different OS’s, etc. Then you have all the different sorts of networking configurations people have and a heavy need to draw from them. On top of this you get many/most of the user base all upgrading at once. Any corruptions of an individual configuration/database can goof them up and it’s going to show up after the upgrade.
So it’s something of a minefield and not surprising problems arise. Then of course, you can’t go back to what was a stable previous version of Roon. So I can understand the trepidation.
The good news is a lot of these upgrades are things being done to more universally render pages. They are also doing things to speed up processing/networking efficiencies. It looks like a march to a more stable place, but some folks are going to get dinged along the way.

1 Like

Back in my Cable TV days we assumed 2% of all set top boxes updated would trigger a service call. That was despite extensive testing by staff.

A post was split to a new topic: Android app connection issue on update