Roon 1.7 bld 610 loses ability to discover my audio output

Mac Mojave 10.14.6 and above Roon version

Audio output has been Chord Hugo MScaler and worked for > 1 y previously. Can no longer discover MScaler (it is powered on and entire audio and computer system have been rebooted twice) after using MScaler connected to Innuos Zenith SE via USB. The Innuos Zenith SE is the core and is recognized by Roon in Setting/General.

Not sure how to set this up when the device is not discovered in Setting/Audio. Seems like this automatically happened before, but I would appreciate suggestions on how to regain access to my primary listening system via Roon.

Thank you

Have you rebooted everything?

Hi @bill_perkins,

Are any devices appearing in Settings > Audio at all? Can you share a screenshot of this?

Here’s an image. Other devices appear. Just can’t find my Chord MScaler. Have rebooted/repowered everything.

Here’s an image of Settings/General, demonstrating that the Roon Core is identified. This is immediately upstream of the Chord Hugo MScaler.

At 1403 CDT Chord appeared again. I did nothing in addition to what I described above. Head scratcher. Thank you both for responding. Did you folks do something remotely, Dylan? The Roon version has not changed.

Oops. Spoke too soon. Just vanished again at 1406.

and now back again at 1408???

Despite intermittent appearance of Chord in Audio settings, I’m not able to consistently listen. Getting message “Roon Lost Control of the Audio Device”. I’ve checked all connections in the chain and none are loose or damaged.

Found the culprit. Not Roon. A faulty intermediary piece of kit in my chain. Sorry for the bother and grateful for your taking the time to look.

Hello @bill_perkins, I’m glad you found the issue! Please let us know if anything else comes up.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.