Roon 1.7 Build 500 unstable & repeated DB upgrades

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core on a QNAP Ts-470 Pro (Intel i5, 16Gb RAM, DB on 256Gb SSD) Using @crieke package.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Dual 1Gb to remote Accesspoint/Router (Asus RT N66U) which then bridges to my main Router (Asus AX58)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
All of them connects to the AX58 router, either wired or via WLAN (5Ghz)

Description Of Issue
Upgraded earlier today but havent really tried Roon out while waiting for database upgrade etc. Now decided to try out some of the new features and starten my upgraded Remote on the iPad. It showed the animated Roon logo for something like 20 seconds and i got bored and killed the app. This sometimes happens…
But after i restarted the app it was unable to find my core… I selected Connect to another core and there i see my MacBook Pro in the ready state and also my regular QNAP TS470. (My MBP is just recently upgraded to 1.7 as i will take it with me travelling for the weekend, so it was doing it’s database upgrade etc.)
The strange thing is that the TS470 was looping it’s status: Ready, Error, Connecting, Starting …
So i figured i better restart the Core service from my QNAP control panel. All well, after restart the Core was shown as available and i could connect. But then i was greeted with the “The software was upgraded and the database needs to be updated”, again…
Everything started up properly though, and as of right now it seems stable.

Hi @Mikael_Ollars,

Thanks for the report.

I wonder if this had caused the database to rescan. If this type of behavior happens again, can you give it a few minutes to see if it automatically resolves?

Glad to hear that things are stable now. If this happens again do let me know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.