Roon 1.7 (build 610) crashes after a minute but worked fine the first day

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 Home build 19041.488, 64bit
16GB, Core i7-4820K
8 Hard drives (about 1 million files)

Roon:
1.7 (build 610) stable
stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi
Android cell phone
RaspberryPi4

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
RaspberryPi
Internal sound card

Description Of Issue

Testing out Roon (Trial) for the first time and the first day everything worked percfectly with the internal sound card, Android cell phone controlling Roon, and a RaspberryPi4 (Debian) playing music. I had the PC run over night as I have a lot of music files. About 30k were analysed which is about 30% of my files.

Next day Roon just starts up and starts to search for more files for just a minute, then crashes. I can go to Settings and see it is searching (as it should be doing).

What could be wrong?
Is there a max nr of music files limit?

Best regards,
Sigurd

Sorry for the trouble here, @Sigurd_Ruschkowski!

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DeKHW2p80etNxeFl90hrj0GV36ic8G4S/view?usp=sharing

My log files above.

Weird it is, that after ~50 one minute restarts and Roon having a little time to catalog some of my files, and my installing the latest .net updates which arrived this morning, Roon has not crashed any more (but logging in is very slow).

Hi @Sigurd_Ruschkowski,

Thanks for the update here! If Roon crashes again after updating .NET, can you please note the exact local time + date of the crash?

Yes, will do!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.