Roon 1.7 (build 610) keeps crashing on iOS iPhone 12 Max Pro

I have the latest download of Roon on my iPhone and it’s constantly crashing, does anyone else have the same issue as me?

It’s currently a nightmare…

Hi @Rudi_Golba,

Did this start happening alongside the latest update?

Are other remotes working okay?

Can you give some additional details about your setup including your network topology and Core machine?

Hi Rudi,
It’s working fine overhere. I’m on iPhone 12 pro with ios 14.3 which is the latest ios.
Please restart your phone and check again if this has solved anyrhing. Most of the time this works for things (not) happening on the phone. If that didn’t work, be sure that you have the latest software on the phone. Good luck!
Caspar

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t use other remotes, it started from the beginning of installing this latest update on my iPhone 12 max pro…

Hi @Rudi_Golba,

Even if you don’t use any other remotes it would definitely be helpful to know if a Windows or macOS machine exhibits the same behavior or if it is exclusive to the iOS device. We are investigating some reports of iOS devices crashing under certain conditions, but understanding if this is limited to iOS or not will help us understand what our next options are. Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

I’ll install it on a Windows machine and check.

Regards

Rudi.

1 Like

Thanks, @Rudi_Golba! Definitely let us know if it results in any difference and we’ll go from there.

Just to let you know, no issues on windows 10…

Hello @Rudi_Golba, and thanks for the update! Do you get a better result if you reinstall the app?

Hi,

I’m only getting the crashing with the Apple IOS software, just updated it to14.4 and still the same results.

I have had consistent crashing of Roon for a year or so on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and now on my iPhone 12 Pro. However, I have no crashing on my Apple iPad Mini 4. Seems like it is an iPhone and or iPhone iOS problem. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

Hello @Rudi_Golba, to clarify, did you have a chance to reinstall the app?

Hi, yes I reinstalled the AP, reset my device, done all the usual trouble shoot procedures, makes no difference, seems to get worse every time Apple update the IOS…

My app constantly crashes on my iPhone 8+ with up to date software. This needs too be fixed.

I have some progress to note. At the suggestion of Innuos Support I changed my Roon Core setting from Roon Core plus Squeezlite to just Roon Core. This fixed the crashing issue with the iOS app for me. Of course, in the Roon app > Settings you should also disable Squeezebox support.

Doesn’t work!!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.