Roon 1.7 Build 610 timeout on Tidal

Windows 10, updated, Roon 1.7 Build 610Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I’ve been ruining Roon for several years now under the same setup. After upgrading to 1.7 build 610 I can’t even play a song for its entirety. I continually get an error stating a Tidal is timing out even though I have a Tidal Giles downloaded locally. I’ve had the same setup in place for 2 years. I can stream 4K tv to this environment from Apple and Charter Spectrum, but Tidal is flakey. The only change has been this upgrade of Roon. Please fix it!

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear Orbi Mesh Network with devices connected via 5G Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio Directstream DAC

Description Of Issue

I have Tidal integrated into Roon Core. Been running this way for over two years. The Directstream DAC is hardwired into a network extender. In the past I’ve been able to play music non-stop for days. I’ve left it playing over a 4 day period to burn in some new speakers and it never stopped playing. Now when I play music I can’t get it to play an entire song through to the end, which is very frustrating. This started last weekend when I upgraded the Roon software to the latest version.

You need to fill in the rest of the information in the template.

Hi @Lewisr650,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please confirm if the same behavior occurs when you try to play to another zone, such as your System Output zone (PCs internal speakers)?

If you try to play local content from your hard drive, do you see any issues?

Sorry, I started filling out the form on my phone and it was challenging.

I will give it a test and follow up.

1 Like

It seems this issue has disappeared. Not sure why, but at least it’s gone now.

1 Like

Hi @Lewisr650,

Happy to hear of the improvement here! If you run into any other difficulties with Roon, please just let us know and we’d be happy to take another look. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.