Roon 1.7(build 667) does not start anymore

Done. Only Intel Rapid Storage was updated. Intel software and drivers are up to date now.

Problem is not solved. And critical message is also still there:

Window 10 just came with their newest updates and it seems to have solved my problem. Coming days I will try to restore Roon and all audio zones to the old situation before these problems occured. I think the previous Windows update may have caused the problem or may have been part of it. It crossed my mind before but at that time I could not undo that update anymore.
I will come back on this in a few days.
This is my current Wondows 10 version:
Schermafbeelding 2020-11-28 135145

Now you see it, now you don’t.
It worked, Roon started and I could play music for a while. But then I restored to the latest backup before this all started and I re-installed USB audio drivers for my Oppo 205 and Marantz SA-10. After rebooting I got the same problem again: Roon does not start.
Tomorrow I wil try to restore windows to a previous state and update from there again.
This sucks!!!

Hello @Joop_Seters, my apologies for the continued frustration here. Did the restore help? Also, I’d like to collect another set of diagnostics for our QA team. Could you please try to open Roon one more time and reply here with a timestamp when you do? Thanks!

Hi, Nuwriy
Well, I’m playing music again with Roon for the last 2 days. I will explain in detail the steps I made to first get it not working, and later to get it working again.
But it’s not yet the way it was before and I still cross my fingers every morning when I start up Roon.
I’ll write these details tomorrow, it’s late over here. From there we can discuss on how to go further.
Joop

Uninstall Oppo205 and Marantz SA10 USB audio drivers and uninstall Roon and install Roon, going back to previous backup’s did not solve my problem.
Last week I installed the latest Windows 10 update 20H2 build 19042.630. After that Roon worked again
I restored to a previous Roon backup: Roon worked
Then I installed USB drivers for Oppo205 and Marantz SA10: Roon did not work (same problem as before)

Next I uninstalled the USB drivers and uninstalled Roon
I went back to the previous Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.1198
I again installed the latest Windows 10 update 20H2 build 19042.630.
I installed Roon again and restored a previous backup.
Roon worked again.

After 3 days playing music it seems stable. I have reinstalled the Oppo205 driver with no problems

Somehow the windows 10 update cleaned some settings somewhere. I cannot explain why the Marantz SA10 USB audio driver prevents Roon from not working, even when it is not used.

1 Like

HELP
This morning I started Roon without fingers crossed: it didn’t start again, same issue as before
Itried the following to solve it:

1. uninstall Oppo 205 USB driver
  2. restart pc
    Roon did not work
  3. Uninstall Roon
  4. restart pc
  5. install Roon with restore backup 28-11
    Roon did not work
  6. uninstall Roon
  7. restart pc
  8. Restore previous windows 10 version 1909 18363.1198
  9. restart pc
  10. install latest windows 10 version 20H2 19042.630
  11. restart pc
  12. install .NET Frame work 3.5 and 4.8 (windos update)
  13. install Roon with restore backup 28-11
    Roon did not work
  14. uninstall Roon
  15. restart pc
  16. Restore previous windows 10 version 1909 18363.1198
  17. restart pc
  18. install latest windows 10 version 20H2 19042.630
  19. restart pc
  20. install Roon without restore to a backup
    Roon did not work
  21. uninstall Roon
  22. restart pc
  23. install Roon with restore backup 30-11
    Roon did not work

In the Roon logs I can see the critical messages such as:

Hello @Joop_Seters,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Ok thank you Nuwriy.
I will run Roon tomorrow.

I started Roon 3x, 2x with restored database and the last time with a clean install.

Hello @Joop_Seters, I spoke with the QA team recently and I’d like to have you try and open Roon on your core while it’s disconnected from your network. Please let me know if Roon opens when disconnected, if it does, please let me know what smart devices you have on your network, thanks!

I uncabled my router and started Roon but it did not open. In the log I see 5 critical messages which concern the absence of a internet connection.
And the same critical message as before:

A post was split to a new topic: Roon does not start

Hello @Joop_Seters, I spoke with our QA team about your issue and with their recommendations in mind I’d like to have you do the following:

1. Create a temporary new database for Roon
  2. Do not import content into Roon
  3. See if Roon will work with nothing imported in a new database

Please let me know the results of this test and if you’re able to run Roon without issue. Thanks!

Hi, I already tried the following (a number of times):
Uninstall Roon with library
Restart PC
Install Roon without restoring, just login to Roon
(see my post December 2nd)
This does not solve the problem

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon app opens, I see last played, then it crashes

Hi, any progress on my topic?
To me it seems that Roon has a problem with the latest regular Windows 10 update and more users have this problem. I hope you can investigate this as one problem instead of unrelated ones.
Is Roon tested against Windows 10 and its updates?

An update on my problem. A week ago my system (Dell Alienware) informed me of an update for my system. Without looking at the contents of the update I clicked on install update. After the necessary reboot the first thing I did was installing Roon again and to my pleasant surprise Roon worked again.
Somehow the Alienware update solved my problems. I’m sorry that I cannot say what part of the update solved it. I have been using Roon for a week now without any problems.
You can close this ticket. Maybe others with simular problems and a Dell system can solve it with an update from Dell.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.