Roon 1.7(build 667) does not start anymore

Hello @Joop_Seters,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Ok thank you Nuwriy.
I will run Roon tomorrow.

I started Roon 3x, 2x with restored database and the last time with a clean install.

Hello @Joop_Seters, I spoke with the QA team recently and I’d like to have you try and open Roon on your core while it’s disconnected from your network. Please let me know if Roon opens when disconnected, if it does, please let me know what smart devices you have on your network, thanks!

I uncabled my router and started Roon but it did not open. In the log I see 5 critical messages which concern the absence of a internet connection.
And the same critical message as before:

A post was split to a new topic: Roon does not start

Hello @Joop_Seters, I spoke with our QA team about your issue and with their recommendations in mind I’d like to have you do the following:

1. Create a temporary new database for Roon
  2. Do not import content into Roon
  3. See if Roon will work with nothing imported in a new database

Please let me know the results of this test and if you’re able to run Roon without issue. Thanks!

Hi, I already tried the following (a number of times):
Uninstall Roon with library
Restart PC
Install Roon without restoring, just login to Roon
(see my post December 2nd)
This does not solve the problem

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon app opens, I see last played, then it crashes

Hi, any progress on my topic?
To me it seems that Roon has a problem with the latest regular Windows 10 update and more users have this problem. I hope you can investigate this as one problem instead of unrelated ones.
Is Roon tested against Windows 10 and its updates?

An update on my problem. A week ago my system (Dell Alienware) informed me of an update for my system. Without looking at the contents of the update I clicked on install update. After the necessary reboot the first thing I did was installing Roon again and to my pleasant surprise Roon worked again.
Somehow the Alienware update solved my problems. I’m sorry that I cannot say what part of the update solved it. I have been using Roon for a week now without any problems.
You can close this ticket. Maybe others with simular problems and a Dell system can solve it with an update from Dell.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.