Roon 1.7 build 667 - Music randomly pauses

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Roon 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquiti Unifi, mixed access layer switches and WAPs
pfSense router for layer 3 traffic, though none of Roon playback traffic traverses this layer

Roon Core connected via gigabit ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Moon ACE client connected via WiFi to UAP-IW-HD

Description Of Issue

Ever since updating to 1.7 build 667, my music will pause in the middle of tracks. It has probably happened 5 times over the course of 6 hours of listening.

Hi @Craig_Jacko,

Welcome to the forum!

Does the issue only happen on the Moon zone? Can you please try to use your System Output zone (PCs internal speakers) and verify if the same behavior occurs there?

I have further isolated the issue to be when streaming from Tidal. The issue is also not specific to my Moon ACE. It happens on the System Output zone as well as an OS X bridge zone connected to a McIntosh D100. The bridge is connected to the network via gigabit ethernet and all devices are on the same local subnet.

I have isolated this issue to a problem with the Moon ACE WLAN chipset. The Moon ACE is entering a client side power saving mode that kills latency and drops packets. It does this while streaming is taking place, which make zero sense. If enough packets are dropped, Roon stops playback on all linked zones.

I have reached out to Moon support and requested that they disable any power saving ‘features’ of the WLAN chipset on the ACE. If your team has any technical contacts at Moon I suggest that you encourage them to do the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.