Roon 1.7 (Build 667) - No automatic file rescan anymore

Problem solved. Now after relocating the library, changes are automatically noticed. Not sure why Roon doesn’t like root folder libraries but this seems to be the problem.

1 Like

Same issue here with QNAP TS-251A which runs core and storage. Adding new file still not working :unamused:

Worked fine up to build 667 was installed.

Version 1.7 build 710 - works fine now on my QNAP TS251+ with 8GB RAM

Maybe the nas firmware (here 4.5.1.1465) makes a difference?

Newest QTS version is 4.5.1.1495. Try if updating helps.

My issue has been resolved disabling and re-enabling back the watched folder; it now update as it should, of course after the latest update.

1 Like

QNAP TS-251A, 8GB Mem. Updated QTS to version 4.5.1.1495, Roon core to build 710, rebooted and disabled/enabled storage. Still no luck.

Where on NAS do you keep your music folder? If on root folder, check my earlier messages and try to move the library from root folder to one subfolder further. This helped in my case.

Try reinstalling roon from the roon app itself.

Thanks @patouskii, already read your message. My music folder is “/share/Musik-HD”. So that should not be the problem.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think share isn’t actually a folder when we talk about NAS storage? I guess you have your library as network share instead of local folder?

You can quickly try if this works by creating subfolder to some of the root folders, add that location to roon and test by adding/removing files there.

1 Like

Thanks @patouskii , you are right. Added the subfolder of a share to Roon storage. Adding/removing files was monitored by Roon nearly in realtime. Then removed this share from Roon storage again and added the share without the subfolder. Nothing happens when adding/removing music.
That must be a bug the Roon people can repair…

2 Likes

It works for me but it behaves a little different then before:

When copying an album to another storage location it updates it to “Duplicate” as before. But when I remove the original album in the filesystem Roon displays “Album not found”. Though it’s here when searching for it.

Dont know if this helps but i have a share called: \music
And that’s it! there are no other root folders.
In the \music folder i have artists, then i have album folders inside the artists folder.
Works for Asset 7.1 (UPNP) and roon 710 (RAAT) via ALSA USB

1 Like

I nearly have the same structure. \\nas\Musik-HD is the share and contains folders with the initial letters of the performers, then subfolders with the performers and album folders inside the artist folders.

Using \\nas\Musik-HD as roon storage doesn’t work. but using a subfolder as storage (for example \\nas\Musik-HD\A will…

1 Like

I’ve just taken your cue and added ‘A-Z’ & ‘#’ folders (27 in total) and put the artists in alpha and numerical order. Works perfectly well. It could be me but it seems to be a fraction quicker too!
Thanks for the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

With new build 710 it works for me too on my QNAP-TVS-471

1 Like

Yep, works for me also now, with QNAP TVS 471. I uploaded a few titles (CD Rips) and they showed up without any extra intervention.

1 Like

For me the update did not resolve this issue but now I could locate the problem. Looks like I have too much files on the QNAP and the value of fs.inotify.max_user_watches (262144 in my case for 8GB RAM) was not sufficient. After setting it to 524288 new titles show up instantly without any intervention. Cross checked with the old value and new titles did not appear in Roon.

Hope it helps someone.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.