Roon 1.7 Display Wonky

Just upgraded to ROCK 1.7 plus Roon 1.7 for Windows 10.

Text displays wonky on Roon 1.7 for Windows 10. See screen capture.

As I use the down arrow to scroll down the text. One press it’s okay. The next press the text is wonky.

Do you own the album? I tried looking at it from Tidal and it does not have any album information for me.

I own the album. I don’t use Tidal, or any other subscription service.

At first I wondered if the wonky text was a new interesting effect. But having it go from wonky to non wonky as a scrolled was weird. Pick one effect guys and stick to it.

What graphics card/gpu is your Win 10 using?

It’s a 17-inch ASUS laptop running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M graphics card. Driver version 425.31.

Hmm, that is the latest one. Are you using the Nvidia card though? Some Asus’s switch GPUs between integrated and discreet graphics.

There’s currently a bug with Nvidia GPUs and certain display scaling settings on Windows. We’re working on a fix, but it didn’t make it into the most recent release. Is there any way to force Roon to use the integrated GPU on your laptop via the Nvidia Control Panel?

1 Like

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Win 10 @1080p Roon 1.7 Latest NVidia graphics drivers.

When scrolling down a page with text in it using the down or up arrows miscellaneous charracters are elevated above the others (the vertical registration is wrong). The random character elevation occurs every other tap of the up or down arrow. Using a touch interface or grabbing the scroll bar does not seem to have this problem.

Hi @Lee_Bruce,

I merged your post into this thread, please see Allan’s post above for more information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.