Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

Hi - I haven’t been able to get the new ‘recommended for you’ albums option appearing. Is that supposed to be next to the queue listing? Does it happen by default or is there a toggle that needs flipping?

A post was merged into an existing topic: What I would have liked in Roon 1.7

I have to say, all is working perfectly with my Nucleus since the update. Love the Live Radio thing, and the Recommended albums. Finally, someone understands my liking for Renaissance lute music! :grinning:

2 Likes

@Woo Something understands. Someone will never understand. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The NRFY list and RFY lists will only show up if you are subscribed to either TIDAL and/or Qobuz. The list contents are sourced from these streaming services.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What I would have liked in Roon 1.7

Not a serious Feature Request springs to mind.

1 Like

I noticed this on an iPad and couldn’t tell if it was intentional or not.

1 Like

Looking at Local Radio Stations, I see my current location is not correctly reflected. How do I change my location?

It’s a new setting that’s been introduced in 1.7, and, like all new settings (I think), the default is “No”.

1 Like

Track numbers are now off by default and can be turned on in Settings.

Thank you for the update. Everything’s working well after ~1 hour of use.

• new bold font is worse than before, slightly blurry on my screen
  • live radio is nice touch and might increase my use of radio listening
  • can’t comment on performance yet but as said before, it works as it should
  • why can’t New Releases For You work for library users? I’d love to have this function.
  • might just be my imagination but does 1.7 maybe sound slightly better? I stream to Linn Akurate DSM over ethernet connection and use my PC as core and control + iphone and ipad for control also

I’ve had plenty of problems with streaming to Linn ADSM (roon tested) in past. I hope it’s more stable after the release of 1.7.

You have to enable track numbers in Settings - General.
They are off by default
Dirk

It’s intentional:

As a fan of using bold text sparingly for emphasis, I’m convinced at least some of the users observing a sudden abundance of bold text are not distinguishing between (1) bold text, (2) a heavier typeface weight, and (3) type that just appears heavier than it used to (due to the current aliasing implementation on that particular device). Some specifics and screenshots would probably help troubleshoot this “issue” where troubleshooting is actually necessary.

3 Likes

Secondly, we added a new display setting. Going forward track numbers will be hidden on the album page by default, although it is possible to toggle them back on using the new setting

Thanks for forwarding—noted and now changed in my app’s settings. @andybob

1 Like

I think this is a philosophical thing. Roon doesn’t want to offer you things you can’t get. If you don’t have a streaming service, it sort of looks like a tease?
Why not post it as a Feature Request?

Why can’t I get it? It’s a new release. Could show up as an Amazon link.

It works by accessing the streaming services databases. I expect there may also be licensing issues that prevent Roon using the information without the user having a licence.

It’s the philosophy that everything you can click on in Roon leads to something you can play and listen to in Roon, I think. But asking for a feature in this regard may be a good idea.