Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

Finally… I can now listen to music from Roon when the screen is locked on my Android.
Awesome!
Thanks

Now for the real incorporation of Tidal Top Tracks… And Roon would be perfect in my world.

Yeah, perhaps, but I was responding to a different question he had.

Mike, I am not remotely tongue in cheek here. This is to me a gross failure of the search, I am extremely disappointed and disheartened with this; badly let down. It is not “odd movements”, the noise of the single arias or movements utterly swamps the performances of the complete composition. Roon returns 1007 - yes, one thousand and seven - “performances” of the Bach Matthew Passion, most of which are no such thing, just a few minutes of an aria or a chorale. It is utterly totally impossible to search those 1007 results for performances of the complete work as far as I can see. I’ve raised it as a support issue. This is a big fail for me. I would love that Roon explained themselves.

2 Likes

“Explained themselves”. Naughty schoolchildren?

Do you think if you were searching for the album “Help!” you should get back every album with “Yesterday” on it? That’s kind of what Roon are doing with compositions.

Either this is a bug or a deliberate feature. If it is the latter I would appreciate knowing why, for it surely is not consistent with my expectations about a useful search.

2 Likes

I’m not commenting on your feature commentary just the odd way of phrasing it. I found it amusing.

Wow - installed the mobile app again on iOS but for example swiping through recommendation list is still broken :frowning:

It’s perfectly possible that there is a good reason for Roon to behave the way it does and that I am too stupid to understand it, in which case an explanation would stop me being disappointed and frustrated.

Not that there is any point using Roon to play a Composition from Qobuz at the moment because Roon skips and jumps tracks, so all in all 1.7 is depressingly poor from my p.o.v.

1 Like

I don’t care much for unsolicited “friendly” advise that is recommendations and I wish that I could disable it. It’s annoying and it’s one of the reasons I’ve moved away from the streaming services’ native apps.

I understand why some would find it useful, but personally I want recommendations to be organic and not from an algorithm.

I had another look (using Tidal) and I do agree with you, it’s pretty much a mess. So after search for St. Matthew Passion and selecting Tidal albums, I selected ‘Sorted by Album’, thinking I might get to St. Matthew Passion in the alphabet but it the results appear to be pretty chunky; Great Bach Choruses to Pregnancy Music… to Best Classical Music for Pregnant Women. At least that’s how I’m interpreting Roon is doing the sort. All the other sorting methods seem to be ok (cant be sure about location, but how many care?), but by Album seems to be blastadly wrong.

1 Like

It is a very welldone release. Fast, consistent impression, and a lot of nice new features fx list of all tranks in multi albums. Very nice.

Roon is a true music lovers real friend.

1 Like

Many apologies if the topic has already been addressed on this or another thread. I found the explanation of changes made in support of Android devices unclear. For those of us using LG phones with Quad DAC, are we still reliant upon Android subsystem limitations when using the devices as endpoints? I gather from the comments that the issues experienced when Roon is not in the foreground have been resolved, but I was unclear if I still needed to rely upon UAPP for best quality output. Thanks.

This is fantastic. I’m impressed at how Roon is pushing the edge of the envelope in digital music reproduction. Now, if there’s one small tweak to functionality for the Android app I could get you to focus on (which I and others have been asking for for 3 years), it would mean so much to me. I’m talking about a “fast scroll” chute in the navigation to take you through the library. Without it, I have to “page down” about 200x to get to the bottom of my library. Your iPad app has such a thing, as does every other player I’ve ever seen. PL.EASE. Thank you.

3 Likes

Exactly! Including, no doubt, “All the Classical Music You Ever Need Volume 6”. This behaviour is OK-ish in the relatively small context of your own music; I get all my recordings of the Matthew Passion plus a couple or so CDs with the odd aria. And as I don’t go for “Best Classical Music for Pregnant Women” type CDs I am not burdened by results from such CDs… But put Qobuz into the situation and it’s a disaster for the sheer volume - 1007 mostly incorrect results. As I said elsewhere it’s a bit like searching for the album “Help!” and getting back every album with a version of “Yesterday” on it. Thanks for checking it out on Tidal.

1 Like

I am. with an asus tablet…

+1 for this. Normally I’m not especially bothered if a track has lyrics or not, but when I am I find it really annoying if they’re not 100% accurate. In those situations I’d like to input the lyrics and override the supplied lyrics.

Sorry I over assumed

I am 14 days from renewal now what JRiver looks ok to me ?..

You can choose Library level preference in Settings:

1 Like

Thanks @mike, that’s a step in the right direction. However, the track I wanted to change was Suzanne, by Leonard Cohen. I’ve added the correct lyrics to the file, and can see them when I select view lyrics, but on the now playing screen I’m getting the synced lyrics, which are also incorrect. Is there a way to turn off the synced lyrics in Roon? I like to read the lyrics, but have no interest in singing along :slight_smile: