Roon 1.7 skipping on many tracks (Qobuz and Tidal)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac, Mojave, Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi, wireless

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio DSD DAC, ethernet

Description Of Issue

Since the update to 1.7 Roon no longer plays complete tracks on both Qobuz and Tidal. A track will start playing and after a few minutes the track will stop playing and switch to the next track. The counter will be updated to reflect that the track has been played even though it never got to the end. Stored library content has no problem. This only happens with Qobuz and Tidal. Some tracks play all the way to the end and some don’t. The ones that do not play to the fail again if re-selected. Seems to skip at the same place on the same tracks each time.

A post was split to a new topic: Sudden stop and skip to the next track

A post was split to a new topic: Skipping but no error message

Hi @nycenglish,

Is your Core connected via WiFi? Is there any change if using Ethernet?

If you play to System Output of the Core with no DSP does the same issue occur?

Hi @dylan,

Core is connected via ethernet cable and I don’t have any DSP applied.

Worked flawlessly prior to 1.7 upgrade.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Skipping but no error message

Another data point: Roon shows that the track was skipped - looks like it believes the user skipped it.

Thanks, @nycenglish.

Have you noticed any patterns here? Does the same track always skip, or will a track that skips sometimes complete?

Does this happen more often with certain sample rates?

Does this improve if you temporarily decrease streaming quality in TIDAL and Qobuz settings in Roon?

I did some more testing today…

No clear patterns as far as I can see. Songs that were skipping yesterday are fine today and vice-versa.

Unfortunately, it seems to happen with multiple sample rates and changing sample rate seems to make no difference.

Sorry I can’t provide anything more helpful.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Skipping TIDAL and Qobuz tracks

A post was split to a new topic: Skipping with TIDAL and Qobuz content

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.