Roon 1.7 - What is new?

Yep, giving it a name does make it seem like its all “New and Improved”.

Works for me… :smiley:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What I would have liked in Roon 1.7

The cataloguing of classical albums and box sets seems to have improved. I particular like the track and the track number feature - which helps greatly when referencing libretti etc.

Hey
It is important to acknowledge the work done by others … even on a paid service… that’s why we always say Thank You to the bus driver…
The new radio interface is a work of thousands of people who put their time to give you the vast directory… you no longer rely on copy a paste from “Tunein or other”.
The backup process Is faster…and the layout is great.
A question for you…any specific feature in mind that will be considered “big improvement”?
Thx

• Deezer Hifi integration

There is a list of feature request here if you want to have a look. None have been implemented, I believe. Maybe Roon 2.0 or 14.7😅

@Stephane_Cherie
You have to remember that Roon is a niche software targetted on audiophiles who always talk in superlatives. Every small minor detail gets exagerated into gigantic proportions. I have to admit it is hard to take it all seriously but after a while you will learn to read between the lines. Devide everything you read by ten and you will read closer to the truth.

1 Like

Stephanie. For someone who likes discovering new music, the ‘Recommended for you’ feature in the sidebar when playing tracks is worth the upgrade alone. Within a couple of days of upgrading I’d found two new artists that completely ticked my boxes. And this finds its way into the ‘New releases for you’ feature in the Overview screen (desktop). Roon is so good anyway that these small additions are just icing on the cake. Just enjoy.

4 Likes

Major updates usually come with a change in the major number of the release. 2.0 may be the “revolution” you are looking for. I am happy with Roon Radio in 1.7, and especially happy with a few bug fixes. For the first time, Roon has support for RTL (right to left) languages. I have many albums of Arabic music which had not been displayed correctly until this update.

Still does nothing for the big boxes , eg Brendel Phillips 114 CDs

Stephane…

To paraphrase Monty Python: Apart from that, what have the Roonies ever done for us…

7 Likes

Android Autosuggest sucks maybe …

3 posts were split to a new topic: Adding and correcting lyrics

For me, the only really noticeable, useful improvement is the suggestions from Tidal which pop up a lot of the time, when I’m viewing a specific album. As far as I understand it, this is part of the Valence implementation.

Otherwise, I’m noticing speed improvements in searches when Tidal is active. I’d deactivated Tidal because of the poor search performance for a long while. So I guess that’s 2 improvements, lol :slight_smile:

P.S. As others have said, a lot of the modding has been under the hood so to speak. Good stuff imho!!

Exactly…radio were available on itunes 20 years ago :joy:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

I just saw this “impressive” list of Volumio improvements…well, in reality, the software is so buggy that is is almost impossible to use it on a regular basis and they need fast updates to keep the player going.
My adventure with Computer Audio started a long time ago and I tried everything available over the years…I’m using Computer playback day by day for development and on shows and demos. Not one system was reliable…can you imagine you are doing a HiFi fair and your music source is crashing every half an hour? ROON is the most reliable and stable system I ever had. And I really appreciate that they are not turning it upside down every two months, but keep it stable and reliable. If somebody feels, the updates are not dramatic enough, he can always use one of those other systems and spend more time fixing it instead of using it.
Best regards
KH

11 Likes

what Karl-Heinz said- It works, which is more than a lot of the others do. You have two choices really, LMS or Roon. LMS mostly works, but with an old clunky interface, and a few million plugins, or Roon.
I still pay for Roon, so it must be doing something wright.

You might watch my video: https://youtu.be/KeXL_jskyHQ

1 Like