Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

Probably in your spam folder.

No worries, Iā€™ve got them, Roon is NEVER in my spamā€¦
Just nice to see them post them publicly now.

ā€œSometimes happiness can be found in the smallest thingsā€

No one knows. Roon does not know. No user knows. No one at Apple/Google really knows; they have a process that runs across all the apps that are going to release today, and when they are done with that process, all the apps will drop (albeit with some latency for some geographies and some apps). There are some ways around this, but it is very complex - and not something I would advise a small engineering team to try to pull off.

True, but today we want THE BIG THING! :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s like the release of the first iPhone or iPad all over again, only now with a damn nice piece of software. Well done, Roon!

1 Like

Even France :scream:?

2 Likes

Noooooooooooooooooo !!!
:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeeeeeeeesss !!! :crazy_face:

This is like waiting for exam results :smirk:

Will I be able to easily find those legendary late Beethoven quartets played on the ukulele though ?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s as much a problem with Roon as a problem for your streaming service provider. But if it can make the wait any easier, hereā€™s nose-whistle and orchestra Queen of the Night.

Why we still donā€™t have any release notes for 1.8 version?
It would be nice to start reading the list of changes, features and fixes that we should expect with the today releaseā€¦

3 Likes

With an alleged 100K Roon subscribers around the world, is it not strange that there are less than 900 posts in the thread about an important imminent release? Can hardly imagine there would be so many passive or indifferent users out there, or that many with much more patience than usā€¦

I have got 5 different parts about 1.8 in mail :slight_smile:

Why? How hard is it to say that they are shooting for a particular time, but canā€™t guarantee it. Itā€™s called behaving like grown ups, treating people like you would like to be treated ā€¦

It was stated earlier that theyā€™d do a video explanation rather than release notes, for a change. Plus, indeed, the info sent via mail (although a certain group was inadvertently left out). Still, Iā€™m sure they will follow at some point.

7 Likes

No harder than practising a little patience :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually quite sure that the vast majority are not on this forum. Iā€™d also bet that they have easier lives than us ā€œnitpickersā€. :smile:

4 Likes

ahahhaahahahhahaaā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: well saidā€¦