Roon 1.8 b. 882 - Home page is generated very slowly

I still haven’t daily mixes since B.882. Also Roon Radio is only playing music what is saved in local library. Not from Qobuz.

1 Like

I’m noticing a slowdown in populating the Home page today, but it’s of the order of less than 10 seconds, rather than 2 minutes. Folks definitely have the impression that things are slower at the weekend (more Roon in use?).

Where are you located?

I also have been getting a very slow loading home page on both 1.8 880 and 882.

1 Like

Same here, pretty irritating.

1 Like

Me neither, among other things…

I am in the Netherlands with fast internet. Problem is since I update yesterday to B. 882. Populating homepage is about 1,5 minute every time (after New releases for you). When it finished no daily mixes at all.

1 Like

As a reference. I started Roon. Was able to load up Chrome, click on the Roon forum link - find this message and hit reply. It is only now showing me the whole front page screen. Not the norm and definitely not enjoyable.

1 Like

I’m also in the Netherlands. I’m using Cloudflare as my upstream DNS server, rather than that of my ISP.

I reboot everything for the third time. Problem solved.

I’m curious about whether geography , i.e. server locations, may affect localized speed. There have been several severe AWS outages in the past weeks. I wonder if this is the culprit.

Some of the reasoning here seems post hoc ergo propter hoc.

882 works properly. I am in Australia

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.