Roon 1.8 B898 loses all WiFi based Roon audio endpoints after 48 hrs

Hi,
Router returned to the previous firmware version, but Roon is still dropping the Chromecast Audio devices after an operating period.

It takes a reboot of either the WAP or Router to present these devices to Roon.
This is not affecting a Chromecast device, also on WiFi, which is using the same discovery mechanism, which is present when the Chromecast Audio devices are not.

This has never happen before Roon 1.8 B898 release.

With the return of the Cisco Router back to present version the network elements are the same prior to 1.8 B898 where this issue was not present.

What now to determine the cause of this issue?

Sounds like it’s being dropped or leaving the multicast group that Chromecasts operate on and thus doesn’t see them anymore. Do you have a usb ethernet adaptor , try using that on the Nuc and see if it still persists. Just s theory and something I forgot, my network port died on my Rock machine and I now use a usb ethernet adaptor. It may be the reason is doesn’t happen anymore it might not, but if you have one give it a go.

Hi,
An update on this issue

Roon had ‘lost’ the Chromecast Audio devices and this morning they weren’t listed as available endpoints.

I then checked in Tidal, and Tidal Connect is still available on the Chromecast Audio devices and the associated Chromecast Group

In selecting one of the Chromecast Audio devices in Tidal and establishing a Tidal Connect stream with it, they are back to being listed as endpoints in Roon.

This behaviour has only existed, for me, since the 1.8 B898 release.

@AMP - still having issues here - Roon is still dropping the Chromecast Audio based endpoints, when Tidal Connect can still ‘see’ and use them.

Something screwy with Roon and Chromecast this morning

Two groups on the same IP address, one enabled the other not

Something in Roon, re Chromecast Audio device discovery is broken here

I’ve been having similar issues since the update and also with Tidal stalling since December. I ended up switching from NUC ROCK to Mac Pro server and the Mac Pro worked fine. I wouldn’t waste too much of your time chasing potential network problems, it seems that the software guys have dropped the ball and support is working so slowly they must be under a huge weight of problems.

This could finish Roon in my estimation. I don’t say that with any joy as I’m a lifetime member but it seems like the code has got away from them and support is not experienced and well populated enough to fix it.

It’s pretty typical to point at individual network problems but funny enough when the same network works with a different server there’s not much by the way of a solution forthcoming. With other issues it took years to fix them but they weren’t so debilitating.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.