Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC i7, Rock Server 1.8, Build 753
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Server is connected via LAN to a Unifi Switch. iPad pro is connected via WIFI to Unifi Access points. Speedtest gives constantly 500-600 Mbps. So no WIFI issues expected.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Rock Server is connected to a NAD C368 via HDMI (BluOS Module)
Issues observed with iPad Pro (12,9, 4th Generation, iPadOS 14.4)
- Crashes when clicking on “Settings”
- Crashes when opening Playlists
- Crashes when Scrolling in the “Tidal” View
- App crashes sometimes immediately after starting it
- Very slow connection to the ROCK server. Searches, discography, statistics etc. take very long. More than a minute
This release makes me doubtful if it was a good decision to invest in lifetime.
As these issues are very common it is obvious the beta testing was by far not sufficient and this lets me think that there is a lack of experience or manpower at Roon. Really disappointing.