Roon 1.8 build 184 - Tidal metadata imported incorrectly for regular and instrumental versions of album & song

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

araknis LAN on 1 gigabit Cat6 / 1 gigabite AT&T fiber

Connected Audio Devices

Naim ND5 XS 2 ==> McIntosh C2600

Library Size

15k tracks, 1205 albums

Description of Issue

I have albums and tracks where the album title and track titles in my library do not match the metadata of the source albums and tracks on Tidal (which has it all correct, for once).

The specific situation involves an album with a regular and instrumental version (details below).

On Tidal: the text “(Instrumental Version)” is appended to the name of the album and every track. Both albums are in my favorites and in my collection.

On Roon: the two albums show up as “versions” of a single album. The text “(Instrumental Version)” does not appear in the name of either album. But, that text appears at the end of every track, on both the instrumental and the regular version of the album.

I know I can resolve by editing and overriding the album and track names. That seems less than ideal because the error seems to be that the albums have been incorrectly classified or grouped.

What’s the best solution? Is this a problem in my own database or in Roon’s code or metadata?

Details:

Album: The Impossible Kid by Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid by Aesop Rock on TIDAL
Instrumental Version: The Impossible Kid (Instrumental Version) by Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid (Instrumental Version) by Aesop Rock on TIDAL

Hey @Monty_Kosma

My apologies for the delayed response on your report, we appreciate the heads up on this!

We’ve made some adjustments to how metadata is displayed for canonical releases that has corrected this. We plan to implement other fixes moving forward that will address track displays for alternate versions in Roon (such as instrumental, remix, live version, etc). Please stay tuned for more. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.