Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Where is the artist list view? I have asked for this several times as have many of us (at least 45 in the last 3 years according to this post: List view when browsing artists ).

I run a software company myself, and I don’t quite understand how you can omit the most prevalent (and popular) list view that is provided by one of your primary competitors (iTunes). You are a premium service that many of us pay for, so why not provide this as an option (and I can’t imagine it’s that difficult to employ), especially when many of us request it.

I have a large library of artists (3284 at last count), and there are occasions when I simply want to scroll through my entire list (or even lists by genre). I don’t know what I specifically want to listen to and just want a list to scroll through until something strikes me. And your graphical view is, though pretty, clunky and inefficient in doing this. What does it take to just simply get a frigging list view???

You have put a lot of effort and thought into your new update, and it does show. But unfortunately it also shows you have a ways to go (latest poll shows that 30% of us aren’t happy with the update). I get that as a SaaS company. Always building, some people never happy. But you are a premium product, so you HAVE to better than Spotify and iTunes and Tidal. You have to have more options and views and flexibility.

If you want to chat, you have my name and information… thanks for listening.

3 Likes